SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since the weather has gotten a little warmer here, me and a friend of mine have resurrected what we call Test Drive Tuesday. Our first target of the day was the Hyundai Tiburon GT-V6 (six speed). I have to tell you, I have driven a couple Hyundais, all of which were... eh-ehhmmmm.... crappy. But this car is not only pleasing to the eye, this baby really pulls!! As far as shear refinement is concerned, the Koreans have come a long way.

Though I'd much rather see a smaller displacement 4-banger putting out about the same, if not more, power, instead of importing the Sonata engine under the hood, the engine was smooth and the shifts weren't notchy, definetely not as bad as say a GM's manual. The only real qualm I had was the lack of space in the back as compared to a Celica or even an Eclipse. The car does look good, and hooked up the right way, can be a real contender. Word is that Hyundai may be putting out a 250-Hp sports coupe in the near future, possibly sharing an engine with the new XG350.

Would any of you faithful Nissan lovers ever think of going Korean?

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
Same tranny as the Maxima and Spec V...

·
Registered
296 Posts
don't know if this is true but i heard that the v-6 has a weaker block than the 4 cyl... so check that out... cause if that's true and you plan on doing it up then you may want to stick with the 4 cyl

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Hyundais are nice cars now... my older brother had a '93 POS that my younger brother inherited and ran into the ground.. he then bought an '03 Elantra and loves... best value for a car.

he and i looked at the Sharks along with the Elantra but he ended up on a Elantra.. i was impressed with teh Shark as well...

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
They may be coming out with a RWD Tib in 2007

·
Banned
50 Posts
got with the tibb. who is to say the tibb is a chicks car anyway. i see it as this way. if the car is a sporty type and its auto, you are one of the both, really old or a chick. i agree koeran cars have been doing better. the tibb is cheap fast and a 6 speed whats wrong with that. korean pride brothers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Car handles like a pig. Cheaper interior than my Spec-V somehow as well.

There's also a downside to the tranny. The 6spd sure handles power great, but shifts as if the shift forks were made of wooden cogs.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
_SE-R_ said:
the tib is a chicks car.....kinda like the new bug, all you ever see is chicks driving em.

all i ever see is guys driving them here

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
i used to work for hyundai and yes they have come a long way in the last ten years in quality and design...BUT!
i used to work for hyundai and the GT V6 clutch sucks sweaty ass crack! the clutch isnt good for any more than 20-30k miles......its a quick car outta the box for sure...but that clutch is weak!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The g/f has one. She loves it for sure! Great car for the girls. She has an automatic so I can't comment on the manual.

I do agree that they have come along way. A friend used to have an old style tib and that thing sucked!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts