SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight i gotta question..... will a b14 hvac fit in the nx? i though the el glow stuff that nis-knacks sells ould match my radio n' interior/exterior. Also, the stupid resistor in my hvac busted and have np fan till on high.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I was wondering if anyone elses blower fan for the hvac system has broke. Mine hardly works and makes a horrendous noise while working. Is this a common problem with them? TIA

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
my heat works good still, but god that has to suck if it only works on setting 4. sheesh. It would be really nice to put B14 HVAC controls in an NX. They won't fit, will they? Too big? Also, how do you replace the light bulbs behind the HVAC? What type are they? BTW there is a write up on se-r.net about the fans not working except on setting 4, if anyone didn't know.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
silversx said:
It would be really nice to put B14 HVAC controls in an NX. They won't fit, will they? Too big? Also, how do you replace the light bulbs behind the HVAC? What type are they?
actually, the stock bulbs are removed. the indiglo HVAC is lit up internally, if you will. if you were to leave the stock bulbs in, it woulb be waaaayyy too bright. plus the heat generated from the bulbs prolly wouldn't be a good thing.

·
egg-less
348 Posts
Chris Colburn said:
I was wondering if anyone elses blower fan for the hvac system has broke. Mine hardly works and makes a horrendous noise while working. Is this a common problem with them? TIA
Chris, I don't know if it's a common problem per se, or just a motor gone bad after 8-10 years. They don't last forever! If you are blowing the resistor, chances are the blower motor has gone bad.

I tried replacing mine...it was a BITCH! I wound up having the A/C removed (ALL of it, including under the hood). I figured, if it's hot, I'll take the T-tops off. My baby lost 30-40 lbs of the front end (GOOD!) and lost a pulley to drive (also GOOD!).

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
NX-t said:
what did you do to replace the pulley?? I was going to get rid of it al also, but had to keep the pulley to keep the tensoin.
You use a smaller size belt. Just go to a parts store and ask for a belt for a non ac nx2k or se-r. It will be 4 rib, but it still works. If you are in luck they may have a 6 rib in the same size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts