SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
my brother just got one of those you will have to reclock it and build a new mount for the wastegate accuator and the down pipe does not bolt up with the divider plate on it if you pull it off it will fit but the waste gate wont open but about 1/8th of an inch so as far as the turbo goes dont know yet havent put it on the car yet but the down pipe is a piece of shiz

·
Registered
157 Posts
It is a good rule of thumb to avoid Ebay listings with "style" in the wording. "style" seems to be Ebay speak for Cheap Knock-off. In this case the elbow is HKS Style, and has fitment issues.

·
Registered
495 Posts
There are no fitment or quality issues with that part. The quality of the welds will be outstanding.

It is design, however, only for RWD. In a FWD the outlet will go straight towards the radiator core support. Not a good choice for SE-Rs.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the J-pipe aka "02 housing" wont work for fwd. My question was mainly concerning the turbo itself. It looks like it has a larger a/r turbine housing than a t25 but slightly smaller than a gtir t28. I wonder what kind of power it could provide before reversion takes place?

·
Got Boost ?
328 Posts
what do you mean there are no fitment issues do i need to take pictures to show you the down pipe will not bolt to the turbo corectly

·
I am a quiter
323 Posts
lookie at these pics then tell me that fitment is not an issue

and now the devider

One more thing you are going to be out about $25 for hardware to put it togeather

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol well they almost fit. and holly **** that intercooler is as big as i am

·
Registered
128 Posts
it woulda been nice to have a brand new, sub $400 t25/28 that performed good and lasted, but one guy on the ca18 nico forum posted that his ebay t25/28 turbo from this same source, came apart "in no time"

·
Registered
495 Posts
All I can tell you is that vendor is fantastic; better than any direct vendor you will ever deal with. Any component you get from them will do everything it is proclaimed to do.

As for coming apart "in no time". Something there just aint right. I can take apart a CHRA, put it back together with the balance and center all off, smack it with a hammer a couple times, and still get 30,000+ miles out of it.

If someone bought a turbo and it came apart "in no time", it has to do with something other than the vendor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts