SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In rehab for nitrous
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my hyperco springs from chriscar(great seller, fast shipping!) and my kyb agx's... my question is what are the best setting for the street and the strip, i dont auto-x but i still want my car to handle to its full potential... and dont say to hit the search button because i did and didnt find much relating to b14s, any help would be appreciated

·
SR20DE to 4G63T
705 Posts
im no expert or that knowledgeable at all about this but from my own feeling and experience i put it to 3/6. it was at 2/4 when i put it on and it felt really bouncy. it feels obviously harsher than stock but i really like it at 3/6. no bounciness. the only reason i wouldnt go any higher is that i searched through the forum and some people said that going to 4/8 is bad for the strut and obviously i dont think id really need to drive it that stiff on the street.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
have u driven with the setting all the way up, full stiff yet ?? if not try that just to feel how it is when its cranked up. 3/6 is what i daily drive its a great combo man.

stratton.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I drive on 3/8. Then if I'm feeling spicy I can put the fronts on 4 and go full hard.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
AGX's:

Front
1 = OEM
2 = 15% firmer
3 = 72% firmer
4 = 123% firmer

Rear
1 = 5% softer
2 = OEM
3 = 7.5% firmer
4 = 15% firmer
5 = 43.5% firmer
6 = 72% firmer
7 = 97.5% firmer
8 = 123% firmer

stratton.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've used both setups:

2/4 for daily driving (we don't have the greatest pavement here), sometimes I've switched to 3/6 but experienced too much stress.

If you can put KONI Bumpstops & Motivational Rear Shock Mounts do it, ask Andreas Miko for both things, worth each penny payed.

You can get "Dust Boots" at Autozone (I got mines there), they fit perfectly & they are exactly the same red as AGX.

It's also important that different Tires & Weather can impact on grip & setting prefferences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts