Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-10/8 GROUP BUY CANCELLED-

UPDATE 8/12
The Pay Now buttons are being nothing but trouble! PayPal has different rules for them than they do if payment is made via your Send Money tab, so I'm going to stop using the buttons.

I have 2 PayPal accounts;
If your funding source is a bank account or PayPal balance, then send your payment of $325 to my Personal account, which is [email protected]

If your funding source is a credit or debit card, then send your payment of $335 (the extra $10 is to cover the 3% fee) to my Premier account, which is [email protected]

UPDATE 8/7
Guys, PayPal is being a pain in my ass. All of a sudden they're enforcing an incoming limit of $500 per month on my Personal account. So unfortunately, I can't accept payment into my Personal account, only the Premier account, or Money Order. Sorry for the hassle.

UPDATE 8/5
We're now accepting payments for the B13 & B14 springs. Please use the PayPal buttons below. Shipping will be calculated once the springs are produced and ready to ship. At that time I will PM you your shipping price, but for now just pay for the springs.

Estimated production time is 9 to 12 weeks after everyone has paid up. I will update this post daily to indicate who we've received payment from.

When paying, you must include your forum name, and whether you want B13 or B14 springs.

I have 2 PayPal accounts;
If your funding source is a bank account or PayPal balance, then send your payment of $325 to my Personal account, which is [email protected]

If your funding source is a credit or debit card, then send your payment of $335 (the extra $10 is to cover the 3% fee) to my Premier account, which is [email protected].

If you'd rather send a money order, mail $325 to:

Chris Scarpulla
2084 Feuereisen Ave.
Ronkonkoma NY 11779

For any questions, please reply to this thread, or PM me.

Thanks!
Chris

Damn, but you guys have been beating down our doors! Hyperco's getting calls, people are calling Rick's cell phone, I'm getting emails and PM's, and some of you are even threatening to go direct with Hyperco and start your own group buy (ain't gonna happen by the way).

Hyperco will ONLY deal with Rick and me, that's the way it's always been. We all work well together, and it's not going to change.

That said, I'm happy to say we're going to start another group buy for these springs..... with a little twist.

Hyperco's crack engineering staff is going to develop a common front spring to be used on the B13 & B14 chassis. This allows us to run a combination group buy, and get these out to you faster. They can explain it allot better then me, so here's a quote directly from their head engineer.

The B13 and B14 front springs have slightly different spring rates and the checking load and heights are different.

The B13 checking load is 750 lb at 6.525" with a 280 lb/in rate. The B14 spring has a higher checking load of 815 lb at 6.50" with a 300 lb/in rate.

Scenario 1 - If an existing B13 spring were installed in a B14 car, the front would drop an additional 0.26" when compared to the existing B14 kit.

Scenario 2 - if an existing B14 spring were installed in a B13 car, the front end would be lifted approximately 0.19" when compared to the existing B13 kit.

We could compromise and come up with a common front spring that would split the difference on rate and ride height - lifting the B13 about 0.100" and dropping the B14 about 0.100". Given all the different mods these guys are doing - weight reduction, battery relocation, turbos, etc. - I would think they would understand that all of these are going to affect ride height and make it impossible for us to hit a specific target for all cars.

From a feasibility standpoint, this would be a pretty straight-forward design change to implement

There you have it - a common front spring for both chassis with a ride height within one TENTH of an inch of the previously made chassis-specific spring. Pretty nifty, but not surprising since it's coming from Hyperco.

Details on pricing and availability are being worked out, and we expect to have more information in about a week. Our initial guess is a price of $325 per set plus shipping.

In order for the Group Buy to be sucessful, we need to sell at least 25 B13 sets and 25 B14 sets. If we hit our target quickly, we may be able to have more made, but I don't want to penalize you guys who pay early by keeping it open for the stragglers to make up their minds.

I have a list of people who have contacted us since the last group buy closed, and I will be contacting them with a link to this group buy.

That's all I have time for right now. You guys know me, I'll stay on top of this and this will be a sucessful group buy. Updates will be posted as soon as they come in.

So, let's roll on this. Who's in?

B13
  1. ted k Paid! :biggthump
  2. dugballs
  3. 1810
  4. FirestarterCL Paid! :biggthump
  5. mr_magoo Paid! :biggthump
  6. SE-Rican
  7. teGSR
  8. blurr.rt.by.you Paid! :biggthump
  9. clintavo
  10. 91g20
  11. Nick_94ser Paid! :biggthump
  12. SLUF
  13. SERIECITO Paid! :biggthump
  14. Assembler Paid! :biggthump
  15. balidas
  16. zulater02
  17. vqman Paid! :biggthump
  18. vqman 2nd set :biggthump
  19. 228k_ser Paid! :biggthump
  20. Willser93 (Karl K) Paid! :biggthump
  21. BenFenner Paid! :biggthump
  22. Abenina Paid! :biggthump
B14
  1. RacoRacing
  2. 98200se
  3. SLOW SR
  4. FarmBoss
  5. wellitsover Paid! :biggthump
  6. chris/sr/se Paid! :biggthump

·
Registered
8 Posts
About freaking time Chris. . . . . .nah I'm just kidding man but thank you for doing this again.

Considering these things are like gold I might even get 2 sets depending on how the group buy is going and the final results of the custom springs, but I definitely need a set for a B14

Thank You

·
SR20 owner since 93
3,345 Posts
I am in for a set for my b-14

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Chit, just when I did the GB on the RM :rofl: Good luck! :D

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My my, the B14 guys are starting strong. :)

B13
Happynole

B14
RacoRacing
8pinoy8
Tuned GXE

C

·
es lo mejor...
42 Posts
I am in for a B13....let me know when to send $$...Thanks!

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No funds due yet, and no end date yet either. Give us a little time to get our ducks in a row, and check back on this thread often.

I know it may seem like we're a little premature on this GB, but Hyperco and Rick were getting inquiries up the wazoo, and we just want to let you guys know that we hear you loud and clear, so I wanted to at least get this thing started.

C

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
great springs, have had them on both my nx's and its by far the best conventional set up ive driven in a sr20 powered car.

so get them while u can.

stratton.

·
VTAK Just Kicked In!
53 Posts
I am not missing out on springs this time, put me down for a set of B13's.

·
Deviled Egg!
6,321 Posts
I think I'm going to get rid of my gc's and camber plates for a set of these springs... i rode in two b13 equipped ones and honestly fell in love.

Depending on how long this lasts I may be in...

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Just got these installed on my car and couldn't ask for anything better, In ohio the roads suck but these seem to hold up pretty well. personally I like the ride better then my stock ride over the bumps haha

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Final numbers aren't in yet, but the drop will be within .1" of the previous Hyperco's.

C

1 - 20 of 217 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.