SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
In the FAQ they've got Summit Racing part numbers for the boxes and pills, you can look up the cost online.

Other parts you need: a clutch and flywheel. You might as well get a Fidanza flywheel (=$300) and a good street clutch (=$400). And if you don't care about getting good power right away you could hold off on the intake (=$200) and exhaust (=$500), but eventually you're going to want them anyway. And then you'll realize that you're all bottled up at the header, so you'll need one (=$600). And then if you want to crank it up a little more there's the JWT ECU ($600) and the MAF to go with it ($100). So, all in all, there's $2700 or so you'll need to complete the setup to get some decent power, after the price of the engine and cam switches and before any labor. Man, that **** adds up quick!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got act stage 2 clutch, greddy sp 2.5 catback and an intake. Can I get the ecu later and just use a g20 ecu till I get enough saved up?

One last thing who is DRE? do you mean andre w/ the vvl? Finally he can get me a price better than 1600 on a VE?
Thanks guys

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
i think dre's ve's start at 1700 and there are coming from FL. I am in the same boat as you and i was wondering also if i could get away w/ a g20 ecu for now, until i get a jwt ecu later?? i'll just wait for the HS VE header to come out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will I need a header??? I thought the ve header bolted up to the y pipe(I think thats what its called)

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
DRE is short for Andreas Miko. He's in the FAQ under the supplier section. You can use your stock ECU but you'll have to advance the ignition to like 20 deg or else you'll get really poor performance. No big deal. And you should use your DE injectors until you get the JWT ECU. If you have a G20 you won't need a header if the motor you get comes with one. But if you've got a b-series it's such a pain to use the stock VE header that it's not worth it. The VE is meant for the p chassis and its header doesn't work well on a b chassis. You might end up busting your flex-pipe and getting exhaust leaks. You can just use your DE header and port-match it.

·
Infiniti Parts Guy
979 Posts
The G20 and B13/14 headers are the same. They're both normal SR20 headers, HS, PS, Fujitsubo, etc.. all cross over fine to both chassis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts