SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Anti-Search Nazi
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every single bolt that held my tranny mount in has broken itself off and they are still in the tranny. My buddy has a broken bolt retrieval type deal that screws opposite to the threads to back the broken piece out, but he has already broken two bits off trying to back the super strong tranny bolts, so it makes me wonder, what the hell can I do? Buy a whole new transmission case? I really would not to like buy a whole new case, if thats the case I might as well get a whole transmission.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
can do a couple of things...try and find a left hand drill bit and use that to drill on the bolt, most times it will back the broken bolt out just by the drilling action. Or you can use a heli-coil type of thread replacement and just drill the hole bolt out completely and retap with the kit. Or if your super cool and collective, you can weld an existing bolt onto the offending bolt and crank it out that way...attempt this only if your good.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
just curious, what prompted you to take a look at the transmission mount bolts? what did it feel like? i have some pretty bad clutch chatter from a stop/go, just curious if it is clutch chatter, or related to the rear or transmission motor mounts.

·
Anti-Search Nazi
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iczer200sx said:
just curious, what prompted you to take a look at the transmission mount bolts? what did it feel like? i have some pretty bad clutch chatter from a stop/go, just curious if it is clutch chatter, or related to the rear of transmission motor mounts.
When my mount was no longer bolted on, it was VERY noticable. When I take off in first, I hear a loud CLUNK coming from my driver side, I first thought it was the axle, but after I got my car up on a lift, and poking around I found that the mount was completly un-bolted, and there was a broken bolt off in the transmission. So I got 3 new bolts from the dealer, and me and my buddy tried for ever trying to back out the broken off one to no avail. So I replaced the other two and hoped that it would hold. It held for about a month, and the noise came back, and sure as **** those bolts broke off also.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
i just got a whole new tranny now i snap axles instead of bolts....i wish it were bolts though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.