I am Happy

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Sawweeeeet. 100 shot here I come.:)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Bro that is so crazy!!!!! Congradulations!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks like some pretty solid numbers to me. Can you post the chart???

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Nice numbers Russ, I'm not too far from you :D

My car has been running great since you helped me out with the pullies!!

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I have no way to post the chart. Maybe I can bring some copies to the Dec. 29 meet in Ft Lauderdale and someone can post them for me. Anyone???

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Russell said:
My engine mods are:

PR CAI
JWT S3 cams
JWT ECU (non S3 program)
JWT 100 shot NOS module
370cc injectors
Mild Combustion Chamber Polish
Mild Exhaust Port Polish
HS Gen 3 headers
Test Pipe
GReddy Cat Back
Jun Ultra light Flywheel
ACT Clutch
UR Crank And Water Pump Pullies

My Dyno results are:

NA; 151.4 hp and 134.9 tq
JWT 100 shot; 252hp and 257.9 tq :D :D :D :D

I am Happy

First off congrats. I wish I could've seen it. This really has me curious. If I pulled 149 with only what I have I wonder how big of a gain I would see by adding a full catback, and some pullies. Another weird thing is I pulled 139ft. lbs of tq as well. That 100shot pull makes me want NOS even more.

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fast91SER, It would be easier for me to snail mail you a copy than to try to find a scanner and go that route. I just don't have the means. I will be in Ft Laudredale for sure on the 29 of Dec and I can bring them for all to see...

How are the plans for the meet coming??? I am looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Russ, if you can just bring some copies to the meet, that would be cool. I still have to talk to Rob to get it set up, right now he is the one that has to find out everything since I am in tallahassee, but I will be down there in a few weeks, and as we have more info we will post it.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Not bad...

Just think how much power your car will make when it has 243 thousand miles.

How much did your port and polish cost?

93 Classic 243k+ All the bolt ons no "engine" work.
50shot dyno soon.. 152.3hp 135.3tq

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Luis, The polish didn't cost me anything. I did it myself while I had the engine apart. That is why it is a mild posish. I did not want to go too far.

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
hm..So how long did it take to do the port/polish? Do you know if it made any difference? Did you happen to have a before and after dyno? Those numbers arent bad its strange though a motor with 243k with a cat ,no port polish and stock injectors would be making MORE hp than you . i mean you guys have almost identical mods except he has less things. Run thats thing with SLICKS!!!!

Lawrence

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Oh that post up there isn't from me :)
That's from Larry (Low612) that seems to be logged in as me.. hm..
Anyways, can't wait to see what you can do with slicks at the track.

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Luis/Larry, What mods do you have???

It only took me a couple of hours to polish the combustion chamber roofs and the intake and exhaust ports. I did not do any port work, i.e.; I did not enlarge the ports at all. I only smoothed them out a bit. I barely touched the intake ports because you want some turbulance in there for mixing the fuel and air. I smoothed out the exhaust ports pretty well, not shiny mind you, only what can be done with a wire wheel shoved down in there. I did get the combustion chamber roofs pretty shiny though, that helps keep them clean and reduce the potential of detonation a bit. I don't know if this has much of an effect durring NA operation. The work I did might be insignificant NA since it was so little. I don't know for sure. Judging by your dyno numbers I guess it doesn't help much at all. I think that the little bit of detonation resistance I might have added is good for the 100 shot NOS though. No biggie. Congrats on your numbers.

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah, I don't think that the stock cats are a ristriction NA either, however, the higher EGT's on NOS can be very bad when combind with a cat which is why I opted for the test pipe. I think it works too judging by the numbers. I was expecting around 230hp on the NOS not an extra 100hp at the wheels. Geezzz!

As far a slicks go, does anyone have a set on 15" TE-37's that they would let me borrow???? Those are the only 15" wheels that I know for sure will fit over my BABK. I don't care to make that investment for a 12 second timeslip. I am pretty confident what my car can do as far a acceleration. The real fun is passing Ferraris at open track events!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts