SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Damn, boy, you get more **** done to your car in a few weeks than I do in 4 months! All of a sudden BOOM you have the Cobra MAF and JWT fuel rail (and 555cc injectors?). And again all of a sudden BOOM you have your turbo pipes and heat shields coated. Next week you're going to have a set of slicks and skinnies, an upgraded turbo, and H20 injection before I can even install my injectors and JWT ECU!

</end whiny kid rant>

<begin normal questions>

So if QuickSER can run 15psi on the DET ECU, DET MAF, and stock DET everything else, shouldn't you be able to now? You've got everything you need to turn up the boost. Do you have an A/F ratio and/or EGT gauge? Those will tell you basically how much boost you can safely run. Especially with 8.5:1 compression, you are set. Let's see that 15psi monster pull and 11.9!

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QuickSER must be running a GTI-R DET? The 370cc injectors in the BB DET are toped out at around 9-12psi or 230hp.

I know I can run a good 16+psi or so until I need to get A/F meter or EGT. I'm slowly turning it up... I don't want to blow anything up just yet
I talked to Rob Cadle and he says the t25's don't last long above 12psi.

Anyway at 10 psi the car is a rocket! Like I said earyler the car feels so much faster with the new injector/maf combo. Rite now 8psi feels like 10psi used to feel. Mabey JWT sent me a more conservtave 9.5:1 CR program before??? And now its tuned for 8.5:1? I don't know. I just can't wait to get it on the strip and pump out some 14psi runs.... 12.9? mabey.

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
<stupid question>

coated? like powder coated or jet hot coated? would powder coating withstand that kind of heat?

thanks for humoring me!

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powder coating should withstand the heat for the I/C piping. The heat sheilds I don't know?

What I had done is totally diffrent. We used two spools of aluminium(thin wire)loaded into this crazy machine. The machine charges the two wires and loads it into a hand held gun at the tip of the gun the spooled wires arc out causing them to melt. Behind the arcing is presurized argon and air(50psi or so) and it shots the arc into about a 3ft flame looking thing. You point it at what you want coated and presto! The arced aluminium sticks like glue. Its real neat ****. They are also working out the bugs on coating Stainless,copper,titanium,zink and a list of other stuff this way.

Mike

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Sounds toxic and dangerous. I want it!
You going to do people's cars at the New England meet? I'd come if I didn't work on weekends. I work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. I could easily find someone to cover my shifts, but that's 3/5 days of work I would not get paid for. Already doing that for Thanksgiving so can't afford it.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It takes awhile to do. Pluse the place is in Concorde,NH about 1 1/2hrs away from where we are meeting. I could do peoples pipes but the turn around would take some time. My friend needs to find out what weekend the boss isn't going to be around and then he has to make sure the place won't be locked up if you know what I mean

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
I am running the Pulsar GTIR motor.I'm not sure if I can past 15psi. I heard that is the safe spot for the GTIR motors.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm running the pulsar MAF. I tried the DE MAF and it wouldn't work with the pulsar ECU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts