SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I did it, I put our muffler on my car and took off the $tillen :) I really like this muffler more than my stillen b/c it looks better, will never rust, slightly louder, and gives better performance. I would try to post a pic, but some of you will see it at the convention :)

G

·
0 Posts
Cool Brian....so did you notice a real performance gain right away? I am still torn between which exhaust system to buy, but I will keep your comparison in mind. If your are selling the stillen muffler i may be interested :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, I got the dragger put on it and I like it 110% better than that stillen muffler. also, when I took off the stillen, it sounded like there were marbles in there, so I would not sell it to someone I know, and would actually spend money on it. probably am going to try to sell it to one of my brothers friends that drives a 97 sentra.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well while Brian was moving it friday night i got to hear and see it. Nice looking on the 200sx despite the dent :) Sounded pretty good. Lot better than Eric's stillen he had on his. I heard his stillen and it was louder than hell and i didnt like that tip myself. The courtsey exhaust is a nice piece of work after seeing it up close. If I didnt mind the HUGE tip and loud I would get one but I want to keep mine quite and stock looking.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Guys,

If you live in SoCal avoid loud mufflers and large tips like the plague. Trust me on this one. Every time I go to the muffler shop I see someone putting their stock exhaust on to remove the fix it ticket. Cops are really anal here.

A cop followed me all the way off the freeway to the surface street to take a look and listen to my exhaust and I was running a 3 inch tip. If I had a 4+ inch I would have ended up with a ticket. Is it worth it to run a loud large tipped exhaust? I do not think so. Not in Cali, anyway.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I am in TX and no problems down here. + my car is not that loud compared to those little what are those things? oh, civics :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts