SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i got pulled this evening for some dumb ****, i was driving my sisters car on the way home from a friends house and i was going 60 on a road marked 45..my fault
so anyway i pass the cop bye the time i pass him it was to late! so he turns around and follows me for abouti 300 yards then turns on lights... OH ****! so following my lawyers advice on things to do when pulled, i turbn my flashern and keep my hands on the steering wheel and dont talk until spoken too. The cop asks for my license and i explain to him i couldnt find it, he says "is that right, do you know your car isnt inspected and registered" and i said, sir i had no idea this is my sisters car. so he took the insurance information and did omething in his car then comes back and says, sir you have 4 offences against you, not having your license, speeding, no inspection, and no registration i say yes sir in a humble voice, then he says but i will let you go seeing how you were so coopertive "Im thinking haha your my bitch" so i say "Thanks so much sir" and i leave!!! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I GOT PULLED AND NO FINE IM SO HAPPY!!! sorry for th long post guys!

------------------
- Dennis
http://www.geocities.com/sr20deswap/
-91 Classic w/ Priemra Swap
Aim: avurX

·
Registered
756 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
****in police.

blue uniforms, little gold badges...think they own us..

</font>
Damn those people who enforce laws. Why do they even bother.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">blue uniforms, little gold badges...think they own us..</font>
they do.....

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 09-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 09-01-2001).]

·
Registered
883 Posts
****in police.

</font>
You would think you would learn by now.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I had a simaler experience, I had an expired license and was driving a car w/o insurance and over a year expired reg. Cop asked me for license and registration, I told him, "My license is expired and this car is not registered."

He kinda looked at me funny and then asked for the expired license.. thing is I had done some paperwork on the car and he comes back and asks me if I've done it, I tell him I had and he says "how long do you have to do that" and I told him 30 days from last month or something like that then he tells me the exact date I filed my paperwork and how long I have to complete it. He was seeing if I would lie!

Anyway he tells me he could impound my car and take me in for driving on expired license not to mention fat insurance ticket... and ends up writing me a fix-it ticket. My friend in the car was so pissed, he had gotten a $700 fine earlier in the year for no insurance.

After that I realized that cops really aren't out to **** with you, if you give them a little respect and make their job easier it will work in your favor.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
You degrade us for doing our job, you hate us and cast stones, yet when the **** hits the fan, and you need help who do you call? The man in the uniform with the dinky badge who you believe that he/she thinks they own you. Grow up kid and don't degrade me or someone else who wears a badge for doing a job that most people are scared to do.

****in police.

</font>

------------------

<A HREF="http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

" TARGET=_blank>http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

</A>
Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
****in police.

</font>
And without them the lawless, rule-less would own the streets. Shootings, stabbings, numerous killed in traffic accidents by those with no respect for the safety of others, stolen cars ....

Learn to respect others and the laws of the land and you won't have to fear the men and women in blue serving you - the taxpayer who hires and pays them (or are you not a tax payer yet?). My thanks to the law enforcers - and I've deserved every traffic citation I ever received because I intentionally ignored the posted speed limits (in safe to others areas).

AC

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, before i hated cops cause i have been herassed by them "Leally herassed" i say this cause i went to court and sued for it, but the cop that i had the other night was pretty cool, he let me out of 4 things just on the basis of me being coopertive which is really cool.

------------------
- Dennis

·
Registered
756 Posts
tykan: I understand with what you're saying. One thing you might have overlooked, police officers only enforce the laws, they do not create them. If you don't like the laws that govern where you live, bring that up with your elected officials.

·
Registered
858 Posts
cool. I fought my ticket in court and took magazines showing 60-0 stopping distances due to the fact that I stopped right next to the officer and most cars take atleast 120 feet to stop from 60 mph even super cars. he clocked me at 55 in a 30 and it worked.dismissed and I was going that fast but saw him before he pulled me over hehe
no ticket no points,no higher insurance.

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
tykan: I understand with what you're saying. One thing you might have overlooked, police officers only enforce the laws, they do not create them. If you don't like the laws that govern where you live, bring that up with your elected officials. </font>

well to bad a cop that i got "Officer Jackson" last year created his own loaw, he arrested me for aggrssive driving for switching lanes with no flasher in a non aggressive drivng spot, and for following to closly, i switched lanes cause i got cut off and i was close to the other pseron so the only thing i could do is jump to the next lane, anyway the cop ripped up my registration information, took the inspection sticker off and took my license, then he read me my rights, put me in the back of his car and said "when is the last time you went to jail" anyway... i went through a lot of **** that day evil cop yes, i know people dont like the race card to be thrown out but i think me being black in an old country redneck town at night had a lot to do with this...anyway my mom and dad decided to sue so thats what happend, and mr jackson was stripped of his badge... so i say this cause ppl make all cops sound good, when its proven a cop that has been on the line for a while has a lot of aggression seeing crazy **** for years, so thy tend to come off more hard and unforgiving as newer cops. Also the law enforement profession has the highest rate of suicidel deaths then ANY other profession / fact.

------------------
- Dennis

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
I got pulled over yesterday..
He asked me how fast I thought I was going, I knew he had me, so I didn't bullshit, I talked low numbers (I said a lil under 70) he said he got me at 73 on the radar.. and I was like "that's odd I had the cruise set at under 70" and so he wrote me up for 70+ in a 60 and I asked him if I could see the gun and confirm that he had me at 73..
so we walked to his car and he pointed at it.. and I was like.. uhh.. it says 00... and he said "oh, that is cause I already cleared it out.."

Aren't they s'posed to be able to show you the #'s if you ask??

I shook his hand and wished him a good day...

he got me fair and square (albeit I don't think i was going 73... 205/50/15's might have made a difference but 4-5mph at 70 mph? i doubt it... maybe tho..)
I will write a statement to the court .. yada yada.. only 76 bucks.. and for all those times I got away.. life is too short.
david lau

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha, i bet the cop didnt even get you at all, the happend to my sister cop said 49 in a 35 she asked to see his gun and it was 39, she still got a ticket though but it never held in court, cause who doesnt do 5 over? everyone does even cops

·
Registered
90 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tkyan:
So basically what I'm saying is, I wish the cops wouldn't be so picky about modifications. I'm pretty sure most, if not all of us will pass tailpipe testing in a smog check, so it's not like we're polluting the air. It's just that unfortunately for us Nissan owners, CARB legal parts are much harder to come across than for Honda owners. And CARB legal or not, we're passing emissions tests anyway.
</font>
When I said that, I meant that even if the laws are there, I'd wish cops wouldn't enforce ones that are rediculous. I say rediculous, because what I (I'm tempted to say we...but I won't) do doesn't hurt anybody. If someone does think it hurts somebody and would like to "make me see the light", I'd like to hear your opinions. (This isn't a challenge to someone, I'm willing to listen to reason. But I'm also willing to reject it, if I don't think it's true. I also try my best, notice I said best, to think rationally rather than emotionally). Oh, BTW, I'm sure there are other rediculous laws out there that doesn't involve vehicles. For instance, to my knowledge there are certain places that have rediculous laws regarding sex and cursing.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
rally wanksta
250 Posts
I've hardly ever seen a cop in Greensboro in the 15+ years I lived there.

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this happed about 15 minutes outside of greensboro in gibsonville "hicksville" what part of greensboro did you live in?

------------------
- Dennis

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll may get flamed for saying this, but I decided to post my opinion on cops...

Yes, we definitely need cops to keep order in certain places. I've been to some places, looked around at the idiots around me and just wondered, "Damn, where are the cops?". And although I know it's their job to uphold the law, I don't think they should be so picky. For example? When I get pulled over for stuff like front license plate or exhaust while I'm driving around and not speeding or running red lights and stuff. Yes, I've gotten speeding tickets before, and yes I was pissed when I got them, but I do realize that it's my own fault and I deserved them. However, I don't understand these fix-it tickets. I'm on a Nissan board here, so you guys should know that it's IMPOSSIBLE to mod your car with CARB legal parts. Ok...maybe Greddy exhaust, but I can't think of anything else, and for people with GA16DE's like me, the Greddy exhaust for the B14 will just make me lose power...that 2.5 inch downpipe is too big for me. So basically what I'm saying is, I wish the cops wouldn't be so picky about modifications. I'm pretty sure most, if not all of us will pass tailpipe testing in a smog check, so it's not like we're polluting the air. It's just that unfortunately for us Nissan owners, CARB legal parts are much harder to come across than for Honda owners. And CARB legal or not, we're passing emissions tests anyway.

So that's how I feel about cops. Flame me or argee with me, my opinion stands at that. And for people who say cops have never given them trouble over mods, you're lucky to live in an area where they don't. Because in my area, they do. And, any responses to my opinions is welcome.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

G

·
0 Posts
My advice if cited..

always plea down an offense with the DA

still not happy, get the court date and go back again, half the time the cop can't make the date

a couple of you also mentioned over paying a fine by a few $$ to jam the system. worth a shot for sure and amusing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts