SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i'm no longer missing the 200SX! I got an adequate replacement. 1993 Nissan NX2000. 170k miles, cold-ass A/C, PW, 5 spd, tilt, all the goodies cept power seats and door locks. runs good too, feels nice. haven't run it hard yet, but i know it can go, just like the 200 could. are these things faster than the 200SX's? it feels different and people have already said "is this thing quicker?"...who knows, maybe i had a "slow ass 96" but i dont think so. Sometimes it hesitates under accelleration, but i think i just need to do routine stuff, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, TB needs cleaning, maybe i should clean out my EGR valve or whatever it is you guys speak of. I have never yet located any of these valves you guys talk about. but, as a favor, i'd like to get some of you to tell me the best ways to tune-up this SR20DE. It's got miles, but the engine bay is clean as all hell. i like the seats!!

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
723 Posts
dont want to start an argument again but yeah stock for stock i think its supposed to be faster.
-lighter weight
-higher redline
-high port

·
0 Posts
HELL NO HOLD NOW!!!!
.................J/K!!
(My 94 is actually faster then anything)
Well, I took off my BPT valve a while back and Im running fine. No hesitation or anything. We have no emissions here in Florida though. and of course, SE-R.net
has a big article on cleaning and removing the EGR/BPT valves.
Oh, CONGRADULATIONS on your purchase!!!

Hope everything turns out good for you!!

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
The NX also has less frontal area (therefore, a lower Cd) than the classic. That's why they accelerate better. They should also have a higher top speed than the classics. That and the bigger brakes made it a better choice for Showroom Stock SCCA racing in the early 90s.

The NX is a good choice. I'm not much for their styling, but I respect their performance. Congrats, and my condolences about the demise of the 200.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
well, i go by car and drivers numbers because i believe they are the best and most accurate....they have the 91-94 sentra se-r pulling 0-60 times of 7.4 seconds....they have the 92 nx2000 pulling 0-60 times of 6.9 seconds and the 91 nx2000 pulling 0-60 times of 7.5 seconds (dont ask me why i figured the 91's and 92's were identical). The 200sx se-r has been clocked doing 0-60 in 8.2 seconds, because it is heavier and i think they used a different intake for emissions purposes. So, hope that helps....

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded
Stock (for now)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts