SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped by the Acura dealer today to check out the new RSX, just out of curiosity. Of course, I was driving my '91 SE-R that I bought just 3 weeks ago.

The RSX is a nice car and maybe I can afford one way in the future when my SE-R wears out, but here's the funny part: the salesman spent more time asking me about my car than I did asking about his.

So what does that tell us about our cars, huh?

JP

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds to me like that sales person was justing kissing up, looking for a sale in other words. Or maybe he could be genuinely interested, hard to tell if he's good at sales.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
same thing happened to me yesterday at the Acura dealership. Maybe its part of their technique.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jp_patches:
I dropped by the Acura dealer today to check out the new RSX, just out of curiosity. Of course, I was driving my '91 SE-R that I bought just 3 weeks ago.

The RSX is a nice car and maybe I can afford one way in the future when my SE-R wears out, but here's the funny part: the salesman spent more time asking me about my car than I did asking about his.

So what does that tell us about our cars, huh?

JP
</font>
They probally act interested to get you to trade it in on the spot. Something like..."WOW, you got an SE-R? I would love to sell one of those..." If you are interested I could give you maybe 2 thousadn above book for it and we could talk about a new ACura. Yeah right. Nisssn did that to me a few years ago. Mostly young salesmen do that. The older ones just want to go home ans sleep so they could not care less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts