SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im new to the site and i own a 93 sentra se-r and was wondering where a good place to start on modifying the car is. i dont know much about this car but ive been reading multiple post. please reply with a answer that isnt "use the search bar" lol. i know about the search bar but sometimes it doesnt give what im lookin for. thank you for your time. and please help a newbie out. lol

·
AWD 54C
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum, post some pics up if you get a chance. Your SE-R has the sr20de engine in it. So i would start by looking at some of the underhood pics found all over the site. They will give you a good idea on where you want to start like high flow filters, exhaust manifolds and systems, bigger spark plug wires, new plugs, oil catch cans, polyurethane mounts. Turbo kits and VVL heads are available as well. Check out some wheel and tire combos to eliminate unwanted wheel gap. New suspension components will also make you feel like a profesional race car driver. Theres always tint too. The SE-R is a pretty sweet car and theres alot of afternarket support so choose quality components and leave the chrome at home haha.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, i know about the aftermarket support ive seen a couple of se-r's my way but im not sure where to order this stuff from and the chrome reference is never old lol. its actually my gamer tag. when im not workin on my mazda im playin games and workin lol. but ive ventured in to the nissan wrld again after losing my 200sx se-r and my altima

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Can you tell us what your objectives are? Daily driver? Track and street? Do you care more about adding power or improving handling, or both? Are you willing to go turbo or just want a bolt-on car that's a little quicker and fun to drive? What's your threshold for noise and vibration -- big factor or not?

These are the things that you need to think about before you start buying parts. Build a plan first so that you don't go down dead end paths (like buying a header when you know you will ultimately go turbo, or buying cheap lowering springs if you care about handling).

Help us help you......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
basically its my daily driver and most of my money is going to my mx-3 but i could spare a couple of bucks towards the se-r to make it a more enjoyable ride . im lookin to make it more of a all engine car. i want show and i want go really. lol. i do how ever plan on making it a track car when i get the mazda finished. it has a sr20de in it. missing air conditioner and some other things ill post pics when i get a chance. the first steps i know im gonna take is restoring it but replacing better parts when i can.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
For your dail driver:

Energy suspension shifter bushing and new or upgraded engine mounts i.e., (torque set - i.e., the ones at the radiator and fire wall.)
Red Line tranny fluid -- MT-90
Set timing advance to 19* and use high test gas to get 5 more whp and 30 mpg minimum
Energy suspension bushings for sway bars - front and rear
Quality alignment - set front toe to 0 and loosen strut mounting bolts all around to maximize negative camber
Intake (cold air or POP charger)
Pick up a set of B14 or NX2000 wheels and get some good street tires
Header - the SSAC on Ebay works well but can be a little iffy in the fit department. Or look for a used HS header in the classifieds.
Exhaust - 2.5" from VRS with magnaflow resonator and Vibrant muffler for daily driver noise control
Struts - Koni inserts or KYB AGX, research these and make your decision carefully. Both will work well with the springs recommended below, but they have different qualities.
Pick up some used S3 or S4 from the classifieds (if you never plan to upgrade the cams you can go with a 2.25" or 60 mm exhaust)
If you ever have your tranny out, spend the $$ to get a lightened flywheel. You won't regret it.

For the track:

Upgrade front brakes to NX2000 calipers and rotors - don't go on the track without doing this.
Hypercoil (only available used) or Road Magnet springs. These are the only viable choices for the track - do not buy Eibach, etc. -- unless you go with a quality coil over system (e.g., Progress)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you very much. i now see there are alot of aftermarket options. and im glad that you have given your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.