SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to register here to say how much I'm going to miss my 1991 SE-R, realized this even more so after having it professionally buffed out and spruced up today...looks really nice when it's the gloss black it was supposed to be.

I have pics here: http://www.club-focus.net/pics

and the program that made that picture page is linked at the bottom, it's a nice little program to use, especially in showing off your cars.

Thanks to everyone in the community to their help(I know there's a lot of overlap here and the SE-R list), and happy motoring.

Dan Turk
www.club-focus.net

[This message has been edited by Dan Turk (edited 04-28-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to post at Focal Jet, if only to mock them, I suppose(or, that's how it was taken)

I own Club Focus...well, not own...run...

a "competing" site for FJ.

------------------
www.club-focus.net

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SE-R: $112 a month, 20mpg

Focus: $225 a month, 25mpg

SE-R: repairs...well, a starter can and will wipe out a week's pay without notice

Focus: repairs...take it to the dealership, get loaner car, put it out of my mind, keep my money, for 6 years/100K miles

SE-R: fun to rev

Focus: fun to turn

SE-R: limited edition, timeless

Focus: controversial, more limited(yes, more limited, 3000 of the one I'm buying...)

School/Work: need a reliable car for at least 3 years with no suprises, using an SE-R to drive to school and leave baking in the sun all day, neglected, then drive it on the weekends to deliver pizza...that's just not what the car's for, it's 10 years old, needs an owner that can do more with it before it's completely worthless

There are a million other reasons I like the Focus S2 better, but I can't really quantify them the right way to explain to a group of SE-R owners, so I tried to stick to the financial ones

------------------
www.club-focus.net

·
Registered
756 Posts
I like the focus. The SVT would be a fun car to drive also. I've read on clubsi about all the problems you have with that car. Now if Ford brought over the Focus RS, I'd find my SE-R a new home in a heartbeat.

[This message has been edited by WhiteSER (edited 04-29-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, had my share of problems, but it's 10 years old, and that's what you get, I guess.

It's a good car, and if I could find a brand new 1991 SE-R for sale, I'd do it all over again.

The Focus SVT is nice, the RS is nicer, and the Saleen/Roush turbo Focus that WILL be released stateside is even nicer...

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Why were you getting rid of it? Personally as long as it runs good, no matter how old it was, I would simply continue to drive the old car I loved. If I had to buy a bigger car with more than 2 doors, van, big ass truck, whatever, then I could understand. But to part with your perfect 91 SE-R and replace it with a Focus? What's the logic, Dan?

Not trying to be an ass at all, simply curious what the motivation is.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
54 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan Turk:
Yeah, had my share of problems, but it's 10 years old, and that's what you get, I guess.

It's a good car, and if I could find a brand new 1991 SE-R for sale, I'd do it all over again.

The Focus SVT is nice, the RS is nicer, and the Saleen/Roush turbo Focus that WILL be released stateside is even nicer...
</font>
I am proud to say I have owned my SE-R since 91 and the major problems I had were when it was under warranty. Since leaving warranty (knock on wood), I have only been in the shop for a fuel pump (missed the recall somehow) and regualr maintanance. I never have had a better car than this SE-R.

Have you owned yours since new? I guess that is why mine has ben so great. I know just how well it has been taken care of since day one practically. And I have been the only one to drive it since then too. I rarely let anyone else ever drive my cars.

Mine has never suffered from that 5th gear pop-out either unlike other SE-R's I hear about.

The other thing too is the car is still original, no mods to mess anything up. I have always been happy with it's performance out the door. And I still average 30 mpg! Have not had a car payment in years...

The only thing I could justify trading mine in for or selling for would be the New 2002 SE-R or the 2002 Impreza RS.

Hope your Focus works well for you...

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused, wrecked or smoked in.
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

[This message has been edited by 91ClassicSE-R (edited 04-30-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts