SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here, and last thing I wrote was no mods because the car is fast enough. And someone wrote, that it should be faster, and today a Type R, ran ran away from me. So I've decided to make some changes. What companies offer the best setup fo rmore power.... I;m looking to spend 1500 Canadian.. soo bare with the budget.. thanks guys..

------------------
Unleash the power of the little giant.....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Let's see;
Hotshot Gen 4 header.
2" - 2.25" cat back exhaust with mandrel bends.
Place Racing or Hotshot CAI. Or maybe even the new AEM CAI.
UnOrthodox Racing pulleys.
Advance your ignition timing to 19 degrees.

That should get you started.

Later on, when you have some more disposable income, JWT cams. S3 or S4s. JWT ECU upgrade. Lightened flywheel.

And while you're at it,
www.sr20de.net

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000
SUBCULTURE'S 93 NX2000!

·
Registered
487 Posts
$1500.oo Cdn won't get you much. I know, as I'm from Vancouver. But I think you can keep up with an ITR without serious mods. I may suggest a header (AEBS, Hotshot) works out to about $800.00 Cdn including shipping (this is how much I paid for my AEBS), cone filter with maf adaptor shouldn't cost more than $100.00 total. Get a universal muffler and keep your stock exhaust piping for now (exhaust shouldn't cost more than $200-$300) and get some pulleys. Bump up your timing to 19-20 degrees, lose some weight (sound deadening, back seats if you don't mind...etc) and you should be running close to a stock ITR. With just I/H/E I hit a best of 14.68 @ 94.04mph, with consistent 14.7-14.8 ets. Good luck...

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Registered
441 Posts
Header: AEBS
Intake: Place Racing/Hotshot/AEM (pick one)
Exhaust: Uhmm anything w/ 2"-2.25" diameter piping

Other stuff
NITROUS BABY!!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
You should show up to one of our local meets and see some other modded SR20DEs.

Take a look at what some of the other guys have got, and you'll probably have a better idea of what you'd like to sink your money into.

We usually meet in Burlington. Our last get together was this previous Sunday.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RedNX2K:
I'm new on here, and last thing I wrote was no mods because the car is fast enough. And someone wrote, that it should be faster, and today a Type R, ran ran away from me. So I've decided to make some changes. What companies offer the best setup fo rmore power.... I;m looking to spend 1500 Canadian.. soo bare with the budget.. thanks guys..

</font>

Dude, do the math. 140HP vs. 195HP. God knows what the TypeR has in it. If it has Mugen parts then you are no competition.
But if you want more info go to www.se-r.net. Then read what they have to say here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the suggestings guys, I know type R's are fast, but I dont usually get beat by honda's, i knew i was over my head when i was playing with, but I just wanted to know how quick they are, the guy was cool about it too after giving the thumbs up..

------------------
Unleash the power of the little giant.....

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
$1500 Cdn should be about $1000 US, if my conversion math is correct.

If so:

(Prices are USD, so convert to Cdn)
*Used header (HS or AEBS if you can find one -- good luck) $250
*Used JWT Pop intake, plentiful for about $100 or so.
*NEW NOS single fogger kit, 50-60hp, wet or dry (your choice), about $499 if you shop around.
*Local muffler shop to add-on 2.5 exhaust from the cat back: About $150, no more.

There you go: For about $1000 US, you're deep, deep, deep in the 14s. ITRs will fall by the wayside

Just a suggestion...

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts