SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have about $500 I want to spend improving my car. Mainly interested in performace... What should I get for a STOCK 95 200sx se-r? Something that if I get I wont have to buy a bunch of other mods with it to keep the car together...??? Thanx :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
if you truly want to add hp to your ride, you need to send me the money so i can buy a JUN flywheel.:D
seriously, i'd say headers will give you the best result for $$ spent. depending on which company you go w/ (HS, Pacesetter, AEBS) you could end up w/ a little cashola left over, to buy somethin' else.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
a wisely spent $500 could probably get your I/H/E...here's how i figure...

140 for pacesetter headers
200-250 for catback exhaust (custom piping from muffler shop, some
after market muffler)
110-150 for a used hotshot or place racing CAI
___
500ish

you could sub the exhaust system for pullies (200 bucks right now on groupbuycenter.com)....

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yea the Pacesetter header is great bang for the buck. Get a HS/PR/AEM CAI as well, and then, instead of an exhaust since they don't gain you much power without more mods, I'd do something like homemade motor mounts (3M Window Weld from Advanced Auto Parts is like $10 to fill your mounts in with) and then an SMC or Pacesetter short shifter and some ES bushings, hopefully you have enough cashola left for the master set.

After that (when you get more money) I would get a JWT pressure plate and stock disc.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Shnoopz said:
Hey, I have about $500 I want to spend improving my car. Mainly interested in performace... What should I get for a STOCK 95 200sx se-r? Something that if I get I wont have to buy a bunch of other mods with it to keep the car together...??? Thanx :)
Spend the $500 on a weekend of hot lapping with an instructor. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
No, heres what you need:

*91 intake cam $100
*Pacesetter header $150 shipped from www.jcwhitney.com
*Cone + Adapter $50
*Custom 2.5" Exhaust $200
*Advance timing $Free

This will put you into the 14's. I ran 14.79 on this setup with the only difference being I got the Courtesy Nissan exhaust instead.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Where can you get a cone and adapter for $50? I know Autozone cones are cheap, but where do you get the adapter?

I am starting to be too B13 minded. Forgot about the 91 intake cam :)

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
PlanoSER said:
No, heres what you need:

*91 intake cam $100
*Cone + Adapter $50
*Advance timing $Free

This will put you into the 14's. I ran 14.79 on this setup with the only difference being I got the Courtesy Nissan exhaust instead.
damn, thats incredible..see price doesnt matter when you buy parts, EX. a 150dollar header, works the same ifnot better then hotshots or stillens header :D

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
You can get a *used* JWT POP, or Stillen intake (same as JWT) for around $50. Just look on classifieds.se-r.net and there might be one for sale. I got mine (JWT POP) for $35 from a buddy. CHEEP!

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Ben98SentraSE said:
I'd do something like homemade motor mounts (3M Window Weld from Advanced Auto Parts is like $10 to fill your mounts in with)
Huh? Would this really work? I really need motor mounts but this sounds a lot easier. Can you share some details?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Go grab a tube of this at Advanced Auto Parts and use you goo gun to fill up the spaces in your motor mounts. They harden overnight. Another product I and others have used in the past is 94 shore urethane from www.mcmaster.com. This stuff comes in a bucket, you add a catalyst, pour it in your mounts and let them harden over night. This stuff is about $20. I'd do the 3M Window Weld since it's cheaper, more readily available, and easier to work with.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I got the cone filter + adapter for 50 bux at a local shop called Intercrew. I know Racing Soul also sells the same thing coz my friend bought one there for his G20.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
PlanoSER said:
No, heres what you need:

*91 intake cam $100
*Cone + Adapter $50
*Advance timing $Free

Hey, which pacesetter header is for the sr20de? I see it for other cars, but not mine...? And where could I find the best deal on the 91 intake cam? Thnx

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Your best bet to find a 91 intake cam is used on classifieds.se-r.net or on the for sale/wanted to buy forom on this list. Or if you want one used, Courtesy Nissan has them for like $250...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Ben98SentraSE said:
Where can you get a cone and adapter for $50? I know Autozone cones are cheap, but where do you get the adapter?
Our cars have an adapter already built in.
Just saw off the air box around the MAF, and there she is. a horn looking adapter.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts