SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
What program? just 72's N/A..... 3bar.. 4bar... what maf... If you give a little more info I could let you know. I currently am working on 2 cars with 72lb programs.. and have some experience with a few others

Gtir motor
72lb program 4bar
z32 maf

9.5:1 De
72lb 4bar
z32 maf

8.5:1
72lb 4bar
cobra maf

·
bartown
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9-5-1 3 bar and z32 turbo. seeing that guy use the 60 or 65lbs with this program with more f/p. 72lbs is about 760cc, do u think with the 740cc and a little more f/p it would work

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
I would not see why it wouldn't work.. just put it on a wideband and tune your pressure right. You also have to remember that JWT ecus run rich to begin with.. at least in my experience.

·
bartown
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What program? just 72's N/A..... 3bar.. 4bar... what maf... If you give a little more info I could let you know. I currently am working on 2 cars with 72lb programs.. and have some experience with a few others

Gtir motor
72lb program 4bar
z32 maf

9.5:1 De
72lb 4bar
z32 maf

8.5:1
72lb 4bar
cobra maf
got the ve running, good idle and set f/p at 3 bar with tomei 740cc injectors. road test and as soon the lobes switch the car is leaning out bad. up the f/p and the samething but bad idle. i think i need the right program for the 740cc

·
bartown
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
? is how comes guys run the 65lbs with this program with no problems and i'm getting problems with the 740cc. **** have me want to sell this car after all this work now this

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
60lb injectors at 3 bar are 70lb injectors at 4 bar. If you have a JWT ECU setup for 72lb, you simply add 1psi more of fuel and you should be all set. You will basically set fuel pressure for 59psi-60psi.

Now, that has NO bearing on the issues you are having. You are going lean because you don't have a tune for the VE. THe map really needs to change when the cam turns over to adjust fuel for the increase in air the cams are allowing by holding the valves open longer.

Brent

·
bartown
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
60lb injectors at 3 bar are 70lb injectors at 4 bar. If you have a JWT ECU setup for 72lb, you simply add 1psi more of fuel and you should be all set. You will basically set fuel pressure for 59psi-60psi.

Now, that has NO bearing on the issues you are having. You are going lean because you don't have a tune for the VE. THe map really needs to change when the cam turns over to adjust fuel for the increase in air the cams are allowing by holding the valves open longer.

Brent
who has a tune for a turbo ve ? meaning plug and play

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
You can do it stand alone or JWT or Calum or even an SAFC. You just need to add a bit of fuel for when the cams switch over.

Brent

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
You can do it stand alone or JWT or Calum or even an SAFC. You just need to add a bit of fuel for when the cams switch over.

Brent

Man what do you know..... You Pontiac driver. :D

I would go with the Calum.. realtime.

·
GTI-R DONE
1,151 Posts

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Man what do you know..... You Pontiac driver. :D

I would go with the Calum.. realtime.

You have to say that Mr. I took every realtime ECU Calum ever made back to CT!

Brent

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
Why yes I do.... I'm in the middle of messing with some programs right now.. your just hate'n.....I got all the ecu's man.... no need to :tear:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts