SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to this board and have a few questions. I currently drive a 99 Miata, but need a car with more room to carry stuff. Of the few affordable sporty coups/sedans I've looked at, the Sentra SE is at the top of the list.

My questions are:

Should I pick up a 2001 model now or wait on the new SER Spec V?

If I do get a 2001, can someone direct me to some of the manufacturers that make mods for them. I'm specifically interested in short shifters, intake and exhaust. I've looked at the Stillen website, but it is very vague about what is available for the 2001.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Leighton

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would wait for the new SE-R. Whail the mode you are looking for are out there for the SE they are hard to come buy. Also if you pland on going further with that car you may run into alot more problems finding parts for it as the car will hove only been made for two years. The motor is still a SR20 but it has enougg differances that not everything is interchangable.

MarC

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Oh man, WAIT WAIT WAIT for the SE-R. I would wait. WAIT!!

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I'm even more torn. Anybody seen the new Sport Compact Car? It's got a write-up on the new SE-R and the new Z. It also has the 2001 SE as one of it's "Eight Great Rides".

Leighton

·
Registered
440 Posts
My advice is to wait for the SE-R, or get a 99 SE limited. There is more of an aftermarket for the 99 SE. I have a 2000 Sentra SE and i wish that I would have waited for the SE-R, don't get me wrong the 00-01 SE is a great deal, but I have had too many problems(defective windshield molding, defective fuel tank, various interior rattles, and now my gauges have gone crazy..sometimes they stop working) to recommend it over the new SE-R(which might have its own probs, but at least it will be fast as hell) or the 99 SE.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
What are you looking for? If you want fun 4 door transportation, buy a 98+ Sentra SE. If you want more of a race car, wait for the SE-R. But if you want to put some work into it, the 98+ SE can be made to go very fast and handle very well.

2001: SMC/Pacesetter adjustable short shifter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jacen99SE,

How do you like the Pacesetter short shifter?
How difficult was the install?

Thanks,

Leighton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts