SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY DO U GUYS WITH TURBO HAVE THE BLOW OFF VALVE CONNECTED TO THE COMPRESSOR SIDE OF THE TURBO??? NOT LIKE OTHER CARS?? AND DO U STILL GET THE SWISHHHHHH SOUND?? WHAT IF I DONT RUN MY BLOW OFF VALVE BACK TO THE TURBO?? WHAT WILL HAPPEN HP LOSS???

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
you will run too rich and the car will run like ****. Our cars use MAF instead of MAP. The air that gets measured by the MAF needs to be recirculated until it enters the manifold. If it is discarded, the ECU does not know that and injects the amount of fuel into the intake for the amount of air that was measured.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Exactly

------------------
David
Boosted '98 Super Black SE
Sentra on Steroids

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
On my car, the blowoff valve is the last thing the airflow hits before going into the engine. The air gets metered by the MAF as soon as it gets through the air filter in my wheel well. Then it goes up to the turbo, does the spin cycle in the compressor and gets pushed down the piping to the intercooler. It goes through the intercooler, comes back up the other side, goes under the blowoff valve and enters the engine through the intake manifold - cold, dense and metered.

And yes the blowoff valve makes that nice "pshhh" sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts