SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remeber someone on this board said they had a bent lower control arm. I'm curious what it felt like. I am still experinceing some odd handling. It actually feels like i have a flat rear tire. I have checked the settings on my AGX's they are both set at 5. Also went i got my alignment they could get 2 degrees of camber out on my right front and i have the camber kit installed. I'd like to figure out what is causeing it ASAP b/c i'm driving to Mrytle Beach on the 29th and I'm buying rims before the 22nd. So I don't want to **** up the new tires on my 600mi quest to SC. HELP!!

one more thing the ES bushings aren't on yet b/c Courtesy STILL doesn't have them
------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

[This message has been edited by Bwilsor (edited 06-07-2001).]

·
Registered
420 Posts
I bent the drivers side. what did it feel like? well like I hit a curb straight on. (ending up stopping on the median for the on/off ramp). It had a bit of a drift to one direction but other than that it was fine. I didn't push the handling that hard back then tho.
Jack up the car and look it. Mine was visibly damaged when compared to the opposite control arm.

------------------
1995 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; AGX's on June 20th; Courtesy Front STB; Courtesy B-pipe in garage

[This message has been edited by Toddles82 (edited 06-09-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Toddles, thats pretty weird cause the same thing happened to me. Not in my current car, but in my '91 SE-R last year....I was taking a turn in the heavy rain and I hit a puddle and smacked my R/F wheel straight into a curb. Got a nasty flat, ruined the wheel and the entire wheel assembly was pushed back towards the rear of the car. It was undriveable and I had it towed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine wasn't that bad. I was taking my friends home and they told me to turn off too late, so when I tried to cut it over I hit the gravel patch that everyone normally misses when they turn from the turn lane and not normal traffic. So I hurdled into the curb over it onto the turn median. A piece of the tire was missing (next the rim) but other than that the only think hurt was the control arm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts