SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Dreamin' of VVL
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet you guys were looking for a 4x4 Sentra ;)

No, I added coil spacers to the rear on my B13 to lift it a little. Here is the before pics:





Here are the after:







And what I used to do this:



These raise the rear an inch. I really like the "raked" look a lot better.
 

·
Proud Italian
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
man i bet that thing used to bounce around that low..nice change
 

·
My Ass, your face
Joined
·
2,431 Posts
John, do you know if shortened koni's with hyperco's have the same problem? Just, wondering, if they do, if this would work for them, also.

Having blurry eye syndrome this morning(don't ask, not from drinking)... what exactly am I looking at, can't even read the part number.

Peace,
Mark

Never mind, I just discovered that I could keep clicking the picture to make it larger;).
 

·
Dreamin' of VVL
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vladha said:
John, do you know if shortened koni's with hyperco's have the same problem? Just, wondering, if they do, if this would work for them, also.

Having blurry eye syndrome this morning(don't ask, not from drinking)... what exactly am I looking at, can't even read the part number.

Peace,
Mark

Never mind, I just discovered that I could keep clicking the picture to make it larger;).
Nope, Hyperco Gen2's won't have that problem. Here is a pic of my car with the Hyperco's:





Keep in mind, this was with brand new springs. They will settle a little from that height.
 

·
i love b13's !
Joined
·
8,012 Posts
nice. funny this thread was posted today. i was in aid auto buying new lug nuts and cam across spring stablizers, some sort of rubber that sits bewteen the spring. claims to lessen body roll etc etc.

stratton.
 

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
Joined
·
5,150 Posts
johnand said:
Nope, Hyperco Gen2's won't have that problem. Here is a pic of my car with the Hyperco's:


Keep in mind, this was with brand new springs. They will settle a little from that height.
I swear your springs are on backwards and you have the fronts on the rear. Is your car way more tail happy then normal?

Then again it also looks like your running two different height tires for the front and back.
 

·
Dreamin' of VVL
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Johnny wangwang said:
I swear your springs are on backwards and you have the fronts on the rear. Is your car way more tail happy then normal?
Then again it also looks like your running two different height tires for the front and back.
Nope, I double checked and the springs were on right there. Same size wheels and tires, front and rear. Only things I can think of that make a difference in height front to rear, is I have the battery relocated to the trunk (Though, it is the Westco Miata battery, which is really light.), plus the car is an SE, so it has the GA16DE engine. Not sure if the SR motor weighs much more?
 

·
Dreamin' of VVL
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rev1 said:
Nice look. I actually like the first pic (handling not in consideration). What are the differences in how it feels? Before and after?
Not really any difference in ride, but the car handles better. It had a little bit of bumpsteer in the rear, and that is gone now. The control arms in the rear are now perfectly level and parallel to the ground. Just can't wait for some nice front control arms to be made to fix the front geometry.
 

·
Dreamin' of VVL
Joined
·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
98sr20ve said:
So you went from the H+R to the Hypercoils pretty easily. It's pretty shocking how low the H+R's are in the back.
Actually, I went the opposite, I went from Hyperco's to H&R's :rolleyes:

My wife didn't like the ride with the Hyperco's (We commute together in the B13 100miles round trip everyday), so I went to H&R's. Which really didn't improve the ride much at all. So, I am going to custom Koni yellows and GC's later. First is the engine swap.

Yes, the H&R's SLAM the B13. With the shortened Koni's and the H&R's, I had severe rubbing on the rear bumper and had to do a bunch of trimming :(
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top