SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 1993 Nissan NX2000 last month, and it started to leak at the tranny a little bit later. I finally had time to get the car to the tranny shop today and I was wrong about the passenger side output seal being bad. The shop told me that the tranny has a cracked case! They told me that they could replace the right side of the case, or replace the whole tranny with a used one (preferable). Mine shifts fine though. I am kinda mad that I got suckered like that. I bought the car last month, in fair condition, and I asked if there were any leaks, and of course the owner said no. It didn't leak for a couple of weeks or so, then boom, I started seeing the puddles of gear oil on the ground. If I were to get another tranny, where could I get the best deal? I am in WA state.

·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Can you get the case welded? Might want to look into that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you need it I have a tranny case for sale. I killed third gear in it but the case is good.

and to save on shipping I could remove stuff from inside it to make it lighter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
body80 said:
If you need it I have a tranny case for sale. I killed third gear in it but the case is good.

and to save on shipping I could remove stuff from inside it to make it lighter.
I appreciate the offer, and I will consider it, especially if my local search turn out fruitless. The shop is looking to find a replacement right side case as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts