SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i built a turbo kit about a year and ahalf ago and everything is fine...recently when i turn the car on and put it in gear (happens from a cold to mild cold engine start) and it jerks and sounds like its cutting out, i have to put the clutch in and let it idle back down then go into 2nd and it still does is vice versa...i'm thinking maybe 2 of the injectors are stuck or MAF sensor??? lemme *** what ya'll think

·
oneslowsentra
332 Posts
i replaced maf ..because the other one i had messed up when i installed intercooler piping it didnt have the screen so the pipe went and hit the sensors resistor(that orange thing inside the maf) and so the car wouldnt even stay on with old maf got a new one..and still doing the same..i have the ground for the maf connected to one of the three wires from the harness..or am i soppose to run the ground to an actual ground?

·
Registered
42 Posts
WHen you put it in gear- are you talking about driving or just when you put the shifter into gear? If its while driving check for boost leaks. They'll do that every time. Also what kind of engine management are you running? hows your tune? What kind of fuel pump and injectors are you running?

·
Registered
514 Posts
what did you end up doing, I have the same problem car is breaking up under normal driving, cant get the pic under that link to come up.

Do you just take the 2 grounds out the maf and ground them to the car then take the one ground coming from the harness and cap it off?

·
Registered
514 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts