SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OMFG WTF BBQ
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my temp needle managed to bury itself due to a burst fitting, and I was hearing a rattle when I was on throttle, but not when in boost or decellerating - I thought it might be my BOV or something worse, so I pulled over to a rest stop and shut it down for several hours, fixed the fitting, refilled the resovoir, and it trys to turn over and start, but all funny like.

I assume the worst, and the engine is dead. I tried to pull a sparkplug, and the plug boot tore apart in my hands, seemingling melted to the block.

:-( :-(

I think I need a shortblock DE or DET in southern Maine stat.

advice is GREATLY appreciated.

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
sounds like warped head, kind of same situation that happened to me. engine was wayyy hot. when i tried to turn my engine over it sounded like it but reallly slow, did compression check and 2 of 4 cylinders had like 20psi.
i'd say if you can't get the spark plug out then its f'd. what i ended up doing was driving up to idaho and getting a spare engine for $200.

·
OMFG WTF BBQ
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SR20 Inside said:
sounds like warped head, kind of same situation that happened to me. engine was wayyy hot. when i tried to turn my engine over it sounded like it but reallly slow, did compression check and 2 of 4 cylinders had like 20psi.
i'd say if you can't get the spark plug out then its f'd. what i ended up doing was driving up to idaho and getting a spare engine for $200.

Thats what I'm afraid of, I'm just wondering if I should start getting quotes for a new block right now or try and save this. I'm ready for the worst, but if it ain't broke I sure am going to feel stupid.

should I go buy a compression test kit and try that out?

:-\

thanks man.

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
walrusx4 said:
Thats what I'm afraid of, I'm just wondering if I should start getting quotes for a new block right now or try and save this. I'm ready for the worst, but if it ain't broke I sure am going to feel stupid.

should I go buy a compression test kit and try that out?

:-\

thanks man.
yea id say do comp test before anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts