SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belive I'm going to buy a 100shot direct port JWT setup from a guy, and it comes with bored stock MAF, 370cc injectors, drilled and tapped intake manifold, distrobution box, nos purdge valve, bottle heater, and JWT ECU(and all the JWT nitrus equiptment). I belive thats all that comes with it, so I'd need a walbro 255lph(or whatever) fuel pump, what kind of spark plugs should I use? I'm tryin to decide which engine I should use for NOS, because I have my SE-R engine(with 94,000) that I belive has a blown head-gasket...my NX2000 has 172,000 miles on it and still runs great. Do you guys have any advice? Someone told me that the switches that come with the JWT setup are crapy, and made out of plastic and that I should go to a speed shop and buy some metal incased switches. I'm thinking of getting a primera exhaust manifold, that has a partial down-pipe, and having a flex pipe and the rest of the down-pipe welded on there. What size exhaust should I use? Would 2.25" exhaust be ok? Oh yeah, and I'm also getting a used set of S3 cams...any advice would be greatly apparicated. TIA!!

~Ryan

·
Don't call it a comeback
1,146 Posts
Nos

The one thing i can help you with is the spark plugs-ZEX makes NOS-specfic plugs and they are fairly easy to find. I.E. A&A auto has them by me, and they are a chain store!!!
As for the rest of your?'s-i dont have a clue!!!!
IAn

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congradulations on your new go gast goodies

I know one thing for sure if you are going to use nitrous and there is something that is wrong ( your head gasket blown torn etc.) it will start breaking things. Make sure you do a compression test before you even think of useing it. As far as what size exhaust to use I would probably go with a 2.50 exhaust you may loose a little bit of power when off the bottle but will have better flow when on. You can use a 3in. exhaust same think as above but you would loose more hp NA. I have not changed my exhaust yet just my 2.25 mandrel bends. If I think of anything else which there are I just can't think of any right now

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congradulations on your new go gast goodies

I know one thing for sure if you are going to use nitrous and there is something that is wrong ( your head gasket blown torn etc.) it will start breaking things. Make sure you do a compression test before you even think of useing it. As far as what size exhaust to use I would probably go with a 2.50 exhaust you may loose a little bit of power when off the bottle but will have better flow when on. You can use a 3in. exhaust same thing as above but you would loose more hp NA. I have not changed my exhaust yet just my 2.25 mandrel bends. If I think of anything else which there are I just can't think of any right now I will let you know.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Definately go with 2.5" exhaust for the nitrous. As for plugs, Jay recommended I go with stock non plat BKR6E's so I could replace them more often.

·
Registered
95 Posts
good suggestion

I agree with 97 Black SER I to also use the BKR6E gapped at .032 with my timeing retarded -2 degrees (hard to say cause of the lope of the s3 cams)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Ryan;

Everything sounds like you're headed in the right direction. With proper tuning and whatnot, my 150,000 mile engine has had no problems with nitrous. As was said before, just make sure the engine is in top-notch condition beforehand, or stuff will start breaking in no time flat.

Tip #1: GET A CLUTCH. A good one. If you don't, the nitrous will destroy a stock, worn clutch in about 0.5 seconds flat.
Tip #2: Make sure the rest of your driveline is in great shape. Nitrous just exaggerates any weaknesses you may already have.

That said...like everybody else said....go with the NGK BKR6E-11 plugs, gapped down between .030-.033 or so. They're dirt cheap and work GREAT with nitrous. Nitrous HATES platinum plugs. Trust me.

Good luck. If I can ever be of help, gimme' a holler!

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Greg! Whats up man? Thank you everyone for your advice! I will keep all of this in mind, two things that I forgot to mention, I'm going to be getting the ACT PP and 2001 SE disk, and I have a 200SX SE-R case with a crack in it coming, and I'm going to switch out the gear-set...and I will be chaning both the CV joints...along with putting the ES bushings&motor mounts in...What kind of plug wires work good? I saw some Arospeed ones for like $15, thinkin about those...they are the 9.2mm wires..I will be using the BkR6E-11's...I'm also replacing my lower ball joints, they are shot...so that'll be fun...just get the ball joint installer to put the new ball joints in...and I'll have the rear trailing arm bushings pressed out with the ball joint installer...(little trick I learned at Bens geekout)...

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dunno...CHRIS :rolleyes: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts