SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brake light is always on and from what i can see, it doesn't seem to be an electrical problem, i have my rear wheels off and i want to know how i can tell if they're engaged by looking and feeling them, the from brakes are in good working condition so i dont think it can be that. i need help

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just spin them and see what kind of drag they have. And when you bleed, you should bleed farthest away and work your way to the closest.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If the rear brakes are dragging, the wheel will feel hot to the touch after driving for a while. Feel near the lug nuts after driving at highway speed, it will be too hot to touch if they're dragging.

It may be the parking brake switch which is the problem, though.

Lew

·
fabricator
841 Posts
if the dash light is on it means your e-brake switch is messed up, or your master cylinder is low on fluid. Check the fluid level

andris

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Are you sure you are putting the lever all the way down? Check were the lever is and see if something is stuck on the button or something. Check the master cylinder, you might be tripping the low level sensor.

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys i've already done all of the suggested, and luckily all it was, was to bleed them, the problem is fixed. thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts