SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the article in SCC yesterday on detailing I decided to try out the clay bar. Having a Black Car it gives me fits when I can see little imperfections in the paint. So I took 4 and 1/2 hours today detailing my car. I bought the Mothers clay bar kit which included the clay bar (enough for three cars), some detail spray as a lubricant and a sample of their carnuba cleaning was for $16. After washing, clay baring and waxing the car I must say I'm impressed by the smoothness of my finish. Now it just shows what a truely shitty paint job I have

Well anyway here it is after I was done:

[This message has been edited by Trys_Hard (edited 07-15-2001).]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice. I also use the Mother's wax, it's designed to resist car wash detergent. Good thing, it keeps my black looking shiny, also keeps the swirls away. I was using Zymol, that stuff just washes off every time I wash my car, the paint would go back to looking dry. But then again, my friends would comment on how nice the exterior of the car smelled.

G

·
I dont think I have the patience to clay my car. 4.5 hrs!! yikes!! Nice ride. Meaty tires though!

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
hehe, you think his tires are meaty? u should see the beasts that the owner before stuck on my wheels. 65 series baby!

i used mother's clay bar too......made that paint feel as smooth as ice. I also use Zymol polish, and now that you mention it, it does wash off pretty quickly unless i put a couple of coats of wax over it. mm..smells like coconuts and bananas

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tires are 195/60/14 Falken Azenza's.
They are kinda of tall but shorter than the AVS intermeadiates I had on earlier which were 205/60/14. They are actually smaller than a 205/50/15 and they grip like you wouldn't believe. Really amazing tires even if they look big.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts