SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Carving Corners
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
until i did some testing with the g-tech today. i had to switch the ecu back to stock to go through emmissions last week and for some reason the stocker was feeling quicker than the g20 ecu. I put the g20 ecu back in yesterday and went down to the local cruise and the car didnt feel like it was pulling like it should. to solve this issue i did some testing today. i did some 0-60 runs with each since i dont like making 90mph passes for the 1/4 mile on residential street. heres the times. dont laugh

g20... stock....
7.35 7.78
7.30 7.88
7.30 7.62

so my theory was proven wrong. 0.32 isnt bad at all considering i paid $50 for the thing. the #s dont lie, this is definatly a worthwile mod for b14 se-rs.

later

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
according to your signature, you have stock cams. Is this true? if so, put the 91 intake cam in, and put the timing to 19°. Trust me it will change the car.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
FastNX said:
according to your signature, you have stock cams. Is this true? if so, put the 91 intake cam in, and put the timing to 19°. Trust me it will change the car.

WORD ^^^

G20 ECU, 91 intake cam and 19 degree timing work wonders on the B14, for relatively little money.

Remember the G20 ECU doesn't add HP, it just allows you to rev higher where you're making more power.

·
Carving Corners
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah id like to do a 91 cam soon. im sure i could find one for well under $100.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Storm88000 said:
You should be able to find one for about $50.

yah, going price seems to be about 60 or 70 $ now. I out in the 91 intake and the G20 ECU, and it is definately worth it. I put the cam in 1st, drove with my stock ECU, and i could tell it wanted to rev more. so that night I decided to install my g20 ecu i had, and bam, it kicked it up a FEW notches like Emril!

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
the oldest trick in the book for a B14 is a highport intake cam and G20 ecu.
I swear it drops like half a sec and more on our cars.

·
Registered
999 Posts
if a person with a b14 wants some good and reliable performance this is the route to go...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts