SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I changed the AAC valve, it DID FIX THE IDLE! ok now for another problem, I took a hard turn today, and i guess i shouldnt had tested the car so hard it was a L shape turn and I hit it hard then hit the gas, the car seems to drive slower now after doing this, doesnt feel wide open, any Ideas?
one problem after another sigh.

BTW i would have rather shot myself in the head than to change that F*cking AAC valve. BUT i did it and my hands feel like grinded meat!

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Yep, I still have "mini" scars on the back of my hand. And guess what? I get to do it again, gonna pull the IAC and try to replace it. Haven't been able to get into timing mode since I touched and cleaned it the first time.

I know that when I pulled my TB off the car and cleaned it, it changed the base idle. I then had to redo my timing. You might want to check to see if your timing has changed. It's possible the ECU is "retarding" it a bit more than before because the AAC and IAC weren't clean. Worth a try, anyway.

Let me know how it goes.

Peace Out,
Mark

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my G20-when I hit the gas hard it doesn't seem to rev as quickly as I think it should. It feels like the car is starting in 2nd gear (it's an automatic). Could my timing have been thrown off by something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts