SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Double post here, but I wanted to insure the NX drivers saw my request. I am asking everyone for pictures of their IC piping and setup.

I am about to run my turbo setup on my NX (finally!!). I bought a B13 IC and piping from another forum member. It took forever, but I finally snatched the front end off the car, and now I can't figure out how in the heck the piping for the IC fits on my car! I am keeping the AC (losing it is not an option in Georgia for a daily driver!), which makes it a little bit harder, but I will get it done!

It is 2.5" piping with a starion intercooler that I have, but I'd like to see whatever you have so I can try to make a setup that will work for me.

This is a blanket request for pictures... I need to see your intercooler, how the pipes are run, and any modifications (cutting) that had to be done to fit the pipes/intercooler on your car. After install pictures are fine, but if you happen to have pics taken during the installation, that would be awesome as well.

Please post them here (future searchers benefit that way), or email them to me at:
robmeadows (at symbol) comcast (dot) net.

I have a broadband connection, so don't be shy about sending the pics it won't mess me up at all.

Thanks!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
First pic is with my GTIR IC setup, short and sweet, you could not see the IC unless you look right at it...... http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...e4cd5d31d791d03/f9e37adb.jpg&caption=dcp_2968

Second pic is with the spearco IC, ran the piping differently, in your face... http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...22464195a83ec77/f9e37790.jpg&caption=dcp_3031

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...7028fb06b59aa34/f9e3778a.jpg&caption=dcp_3032

Above piping was ran in front of the alt, no AC condensor, no prob with clearance...

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...93e739a70dd3837/f9e37783.jpg&caption=dcp_3033

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictu...a8afa1bbb05e075/f9ddf7e5.jpg&caption=dcp_3038

The end result........
 

·
Puffy, perky piranhas
Joined
·
384 Posts
so Rob,

Did you ever get some more inspiring I/C pics for your NX?

I'm in the same boat. I have the TMIC setup - polished, even - but I'm having second thoughts. I'd rather lose my foglights than my A/C...
 

·
i love b13's !
Joined
·
8,012 Posts
INX2C said:
so Rob,

Did you ever get some more inspiring I/C pics for your NX?

I'm in the same boat. I have the TMIC setup - polished, even - but I'm having second thoughts. I'd rather lose my foglights than my A/C...
how is it with the tmic setup ? i been thinking the same thing i might just keep the tmic. until i seriously start to tune the nx. did it fit under the stock hood ? any of your pics would be appreciated too. tia

rich
 

·
Still not my president
Joined
·
5,173 Posts
ehh ill give you mine even though it doesnt really apply.





 

·
Puffy, perky piranhas
Joined
·
384 Posts
STRATTON said:
how is it with the tmic setup ? i been thinking the same thing i might just keep the tmic. until i seriously start to tune the nx. did it fit under the stock hood ? any of your pics would be appreciated too. tia

rich
I haven't put on my turbo yet. I've spent the last year researching setups & buying parts -whenever bargains come along. I now have everything except an uprated clutch. My 2-year emissions cert happens on April 1. Boost happens on April 2.

The Bluebird TMIC will fit an NX. Search for posts by "Insane Imports". He has (or was running) a Nice looking TMIC on his NX. He seems to think it works pretty well. I liked the idea of simple, factory piping.

If you take the plastic "Intercooler" cover off and polish the sides & end tanks, the Nissan IC looks prettty good sitting there.

Still, the heat soak issue on the non-vented NX hood bugs me... :confused:

Has anyone used stainless exhaust flex pipe (like from JC Whitney, etc.)to make those outrageous bends to an FMIC??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
STRATTON said:
did it fit under the stock hood ? any of your pics would be appreciated too. tia
There is a guy here in australia running an NX with the stock TMIC, it fit fine under the standard hood.
 

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a BIG difference with the TMIC and no vent.. you'll feel it when it gets heat soaked.

I actually now have a front mount spearco with avenir piping, I'll have to take some pics to show ya, I took off the fogs and then came on this IC setup, so I could put fogs back on except the bolts snapped off the brackets when I removed them! Doh!

I'm looking into aftermarket ones to fill the holes now, but they aren't a priority to me. When I get the HIDs installed, I might put in some "driving lights" for a high/low configuration.
 

·
i love b13's !
Joined
·
8,012 Posts
rob the plan is too get the c/f invader styled nx2000 hood thats vis is gonna make soon. so it will have ventalation for sure. i know performance wise fmic is better and if and when i seriously upgrade the bb i will go fmic. but for the time being after the swap i would just like to run on the stock swap and make sure everything is running good. any maybe start upgrading down the line. but thanks for all the info. those of u who did fmic on the nx did u have to remove the bumper support or did u/can u modify the bumper support to allow a tmic set up. thanks guys for this is answering a ton of my questions :biggthump
 

·
broke, busted and rusted
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
is there anyway to front mount an intercooler without hacking off the front bumper support. In the area I live in that would be kinda dangerous. Too easy to get into an accident.
 

·
i love b13's !
Joined
·
8,012 Posts
Fonque said:
is there anyway to front mount an intercooler without hacking off the front bumper support. In the area I live in that would be kinda dangerous. Too easy to get into an accident.
thats what im saying
 

·
All go, all show
Joined
·
504 Posts
Don't know if this will work.....this is when the ic wasn't very straight, but nothing was ever cut, just some holes drilled with some heavy duty bolts to help support.


Here is another pic but with the front bumper on.....and still not 100% straight :squint: .....I'll have some newer pics soon, with the nitrous spray bar on and my new paint job, these pics are actually quite old....from about 6 months ago or even longer, car is looking better and better everday! :rofl:
 

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Here goes some shots of my intercooler setup on my GTIR motorI did last year, I got rid of the bumper support because it would have been useless after it would have been hacked up also my car weighs less. Oh yeah it was a stock t28 setup by the way.








I drilled holes in my front bumper for more ventiilation it looks funny but it is functional keeps the temps down on a hot day!
 

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
Joined
·
9,943 Posts
R0b_ said:
There is a BIG difference with the TMIC and no vent.. you'll feel it when it gets heat soaked.

I actually now have a front mount spearco with avenir piping, I'll have to take some pics to show ya, I took off the fogs and then came on this IC setup, so I could put fogs back on except the bolts snapped off the brackets when I removed them! Doh!

I'm looking into aftermarket ones to fill the holes now, but they aren't a priority to me. When I get the HIDs installed, I might put in some "driving lights" for a high/low configuration.
The TMIC with no vent i trapped at 107MPH. The TMIC with vent i trapped 110MPH. Very big difference!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top