SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im talking about the fuel line from the fire wall to the motor.all race cars have this and so do most drag cars.i mean it want be as affective as it would on a racecar engine but it would probaly help.im sure better gas mileage is a sure thing

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
It's done for two reasons:
1) reduce chance of vapor lock (not a problem anymore with high-pressure fuel injection), and
2) reduce chance of detonation. Not only does cooler air reduce detonation but so does cooler fuel.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the reasons we run it is to keep heat off the line because gas burns better when it is cooler and u get the most out of the gas going thru not wasting it.its kinda like nitrous in a way.the cooler it burns the more hp it makes.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it runs the gas through a canister where u put dry ice in and it almost freezes the gas

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
sr20andafalcon said:
well the reasons we run it is to keep heat off the line because gas burns better when it is cooler and u get the most out of the gas going thru not wasting it.its kinda like nitrous in a way.the cooler it burns the more hp it makes.
i didn't think the hp would increase.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Give it a try man!

·
Banned
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Belive I Will Team Pci.i Got Some Insulation And A Spare Cool Can.i Can Tell U If It Shows Up On The Butt Dyno.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Thanks man, if it does, ill try it too. Push the car hard for me:)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Does anybody have a picture or a link to a "cool can"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts