SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I jsut did the ES motor mounts, and cleaned my TB yesterday.
Today I went out to pep boys to get a torque wrench (ripoff dont buy one there, I didnt) She was idlin' at like 1300 WTF.
So I checked my timing, (which was at like 5 dbtdc WTF!) and adjusted the idle.
I just installed the two pulley underdrive set too, but the timing and idle were ok when I set them at the time.
Now to get my timing and idle back to normal, but I had to turn the distro almost all the way clockwise, and turned the idle screw comepletely in.
Is this ok? I'm gonna go easy for awhile, but I wonder if this is normal. Maybe the ECU just needs to learn the new mods. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
883 Posts
After I cleaned 6 years of crap off my TB, my idle seemed all messed up. If I remember right, it smoothed out after a few days. But I dont know how those other mods would affect it.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah. Maybe the cable got stretched, or moved when I propped the TB open. I'll check later. But the timing though, that blew my mind... .. and the position of the idle screw, and distro? Oh well at least its ok for now

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:
oh yeah. Maybe the cable got stretched, or moved when I propped the TB open. I'll check later. But the timing though, that blew my mind... .. and the position of the idle screw, and distro? Oh well at least its ok for now </font>
Any chance you're mis-reading the marks on your new pulley (vs timing changed)?

Dan

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think I'm misreading the pulley marks. They lined up ok when I did the job. They are the same as the stock ones right? I have it right after the 2nd to last notch, so that should be like 16-17 dbtdc.
It ran fine all day. I took my uncle out for a spin, and he was impressed at the improvement. I'm mainly concerned about the idle screw, and distributor being at the end of their range.
The steering wheel vibrates a lot now at idle. I've heard thats the motor mounts in effect though. Throttle cable was ok too thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts