SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When braking (in neutral)to a stop, my idle fluctuates; w/ the car stopped, idle also drops and fluctuates when I step on the brake. Otherwise, warm idle is fine- +\- 750 rpm. I also notice a slight drop of the tach when headlights are turned on.I suspected the alternator but I've checked the battery and charging as per the Haynes manual and it's w/in specs. Can anybody diagnose? This is really irking me, because, otherwise the car runs smoothly and strongly. -TIA

·
_______
3,640 Posts
How far dose it drop? Mine used to drop to 500rpms while stopping. The problem was my timing was at 10deg so I set it rite it fixed it.

Mike

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I have the same problem!!! My timing is at 17 degrees, the entire ignition system is ~1 year old (plugs, wires, dist. cap/rotor button) and I've replaced the O2 sensor, regrounded the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the BPT tube, etc. etc. etc.

If anyone figures it out, let me know.

Matt

·
Registered
883 Posts
I posted a similar question awhile ago, and i was told to check the timing. I did have it advanced to 17. When i moved it back to normal, it seemed to stop. But if that is a small price to pay for a little extra performance, i guess i will deal with it.

------------------
Kris94G20™

1 - 5 of 5 Posts