SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought all of this would end when i got rid of the 50LB 4 bar setup, but now the car is at it again. The car idles like complete **** when it is cold, anything below an indicated 180 on my temp guage and the car wants to die if i let it come down to idle. I am only reading about 10in/lbs of vacuum at "idle" which is usually around 800 rpm and is VERY rough. The care feels like it has a cam in it or something, and a huge one at that. I have done a pressure check on the entire system and there are no vacuum leaks so that is ruled out. I can not get the car into timing/base idle mode because of the horrible idle. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here, because the car runs perfect except for this problem.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car started to register a couple check engine codes today. It is reading a problem with the crank angle sensor and the ignition signal. Anyone have any ideas if these could be related to the idle issues that i am having. Oh and the car will not idle at all any more, upon start up it revs to around 1500 then sdrops to a lower idle and dies.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured out why the car was registering the CEL, but the idle is still a bit bad. The car wants to die when its dead cold, but the idle levels out to about 900 when the car comes up to temp. From what i have heard JWT tuned the 72lb program a bit to lean in closed loop, which causes the bad cold idle. I also get 33mpg on the highway thanks to the lean closed loop tune ;). A friend of mine is in pretty close contact with one of JWT programers and from what he said they where working on a fix, but who knows.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello,

I have the same exact problem. I have 50lbs injectors and 300zx maf programmed by jwt. Did you fix your problem yet? This turbo setup has been a nightmare. If you did fix the problem please let me know what you did. Thanks.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rareblue98ser said:
Hello,

I have the same exact problem. I have 50lbs injectors and 300zx maf programmed by jwt. Did you fix your problem yet? This turbo setup has been a nightmare. If you did fix the problem please let me know what you did. Thanks.
I used to have the 50lb 4 bar program and could never get it to idle correctly. Alot of other people had issues with it as well so i switched to the 72lb 3 bar, but im still having some problems. All i can tell you is to play with base idle and fuel pressure to get it to idle better. I sat down and spent about an hour messing with the idle and its a little better now, but not what it should be. I talked to my friend about the fix for the 72lb program and he gave me some good news. He just got a new chip from JWT and it fixed the idle issues %100 on his car. He is going to talk to clark at JWT and hopefully i can get the new program as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, i got the new chip too for my 3 bar, 72lbs program. It was having the same problem of a bad idle. Clark sent the new chip and presto!, she was running great.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Man, you guys must have a realy cool friend to be hooking you up like that! ;)

Travis

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahahah.......yes he is quite cool. I was just wondering when my friend was going to be able to get me the new chip? ;)

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
My car does the same thing. I thought it was due to the custom intake manifold. I may just have to get me a new chip, when I'm in town for the convention.

John

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Yeah... the old program runs a little lean in closed loop... This is why it stalls at idle.. especially when it's cold, and atomization is crappy. The warmer the motor gets, I think the fuel atomizes better, and the idle gets a little better. This new program, is wonderful.. The car cranks up and high idle's like it's supposed to.. then gradually comes down, and idles at 850rpm or so. It feels like the timing is more aggresive too or something..
Travis

·
nothing but shenanigans
763 Posts
awesome, i'm going to have to get this as well. same probs here with 72's & 300z maf.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I talked to Ben at JWT yesterday about the issues that I am having with my car. They do have an updated 72lb program, but they want me to pay the $100 reprogram charge to have it put on my ECU. I really do not understand how they can do this when they put out a shitty program to begin with. I am really starting to hate JWT more with every passing day.

Travis get back to me when you can, maybe you can be of some help.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
bump

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Why did you bump a thread that is almost 3 years old man?

Brent

1 - 20 of 37 Posts