SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I start my car my idle speed is around 1200. I rev the engine up and try to get my idle to drop but it doesnt work. If put it in gear and drive for a few seconds and then stop my idle goes down to about 800, which i think is where it should be. Any ideas why it does this and whether or not its a problem. Thanks

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive got some more questions for you guys. BTW, thanks for all the info you guys have been giving me. Where can I get a red hose dress up kit for my car? What size(s) do I need? What hoses do they go over? Does anyone have experience with nology spark plug wires? How do you like them? Ive read from Mike Kojima that they can give something like 5 pounds of torque on the bottom end. Where is a good place to buy them cheap? Thanks again everyone.

-Michael

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
hose techniques is developing a kit right now for the car, but you will just have to go out and buy a bunch of hose. as for plug wires, better throttle response will be reasonable, but 5 ft lbs of torque is being a little optomistic.

G

·
I had the same problem with one of my cars.You may not like what I am about to say but you need to go the your local Nissan Stealership and have an AAC cleaning it is about $30.00 and that should solve your problem. Your aac valve is probably clogged of carbon.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
If its 1200 when u start your car, and it goes down to 800, that should be normal. i'm not really sure what its called, but its something similar to a warm up cycle.

for a while, my car was doing something like that, except it would start off at 1200, drop to 800 once in a while, and (while having never turned it off) idle at 1200 again. i found that this just turned out to be a misadjusted idle. i checked my timing, and adjusted the idle, and now its just like it should be.

good luck

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
To the best of my knowledge , isnt that called a high idle? My car idles at 1200 when cold too.

·
egg-less
348 Posts
My car USED TO do that (cold idle, 1200; warm idle, 800). Now, it's cold idle, keep your foot on the gas; warm idle, 600. Can anyone help with things I should check? This happened after clutch was replaced. The idiot that replaced it cut the reverse light harness; Lord knows what else he f*cked up.

HELP, PLEASE, ANYONE, BUELLER??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts