SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MajorMods.com Owner
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so ive been having prolems with a rough idle and jumpy RPM for a while now. After taking it to Nissan and told they cant work on my car because I have too many aftermarket parts, i decided to try some things myself. First i replaced my stock platinum plugs with some NGK iridiums. It started but still runs rough. I noticed I need new wires and a new dist. cap so I just ordered it. Now while I was under the hood, i noticed that the wire/sensor that controlled the temp guage in the car was still disconnected. Every time i reconnected it (touched the peg it sits on) the car acted differently, whether it got rougher or smoothed out but it did act differently. Can a temp guage sensor cause a rough idle? I have no O2 sensor in the rear (heat signal O2 sensor) but can that cause it? my evap system isnt working now either, can that cause it? Ive checked on air leaks and vac leaks and have found NOTHING. What else am I missing or can this problem not be fixed... DAMNIT I need a professional mechanic or shop. Can any1 recommend a good person/place to go to that you would trust in the south florida area? Thanks.

·
Se Street
33 Posts
black2kse said:
hmmm no response.... damn!
Ok I'm no expert nor do I claim to be, but anyways, have you checked the timing? oh yeah and give a little more info on what it was that you were touching when the car acted differently. I may not know the answer but I know quite a few peeps on here and locally that I can bounce yer prob. off of. holla back

·
MajorMods.com Owner
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i found out the problem because i took it to a shop today.

1. MAF is throwing a code now. I replaced it with a maxima MAF about 2 1/2 years ago but the cpu is showing that.
2. I have a hairline crack in the upper manifold by tightening the bolt too much and gaskets are not sealing properly. In other words, a SHITTY job was done when installing the thermolock spacers.

rough estimate of everything: $220 - MAF, $380 install new manifold/spacers, $??? new manifold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts