SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

new user to the forum here. own a bone stock '93 SE-R that i'm thinking of refreshing.

if you had a bone stock SE-R to mod, what would you do and in what order? we're talking a spirited daily driven' driver. i'm thinking the following:

1. repair body damage and clean up paint
2. 15x6.5 bronze heliums with quality 195/50/15 rubber
3. KYB AGX/Pro-kit springs
4. 2" cat-back (which one?)
5. intake (Hotshot CAI or JWT POP charger?)

and leave it at that. i've got just over 100k in miles now, so i'm not gonna dump too much money into it. just looking to refresh a 11yr old car.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Place Racing engine mounts (or ES, Prothane, etc.)
Energy Suspension bushings
195/50-15 tires on lightish 15x6.5 wheels
AGX struts
Tune-up

That's how the Classic should have come from the factory, and that's where I'd leave it. Bolt-ons and suspension parts are expensive for a car that's only daily-driven. For autocross or track, that list would be different. :cool:

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Given the amount I've spent on my car I should have gone VE, but when I got my car, this was not an option. Nowadays I'd get:

Hotshot gen 6 header
Hotshot CAI
Prothane mounts
Hyperco gen 2 springs
Shortened Koni reds
Progress sway bars
SS lines
lightweight 15x6.5 wheels

And save for a VE since the header and CAI will cross ever, then get a 3 inch exhaust when the VE is in

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
DEFINITELY:

Motor-mounts first
Suspension second
Short shifter third.
Then....... let the BOLT-ONS begin!!!

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i bought my car and have done the following work in my sig. curently working or i should say waiting on buying some AGX's for my used eibachs i picked up. if $ wasnt an issue and i had another car to drive it would be in the body shop getting stripped, and cleaned up. im just upgrading parts as they need to be replaced..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to all for the info...unfortunately, a VE swap is not an option since i'm stuck in CARB land and it's not worth the hassle every two years...

what would the new motor mounts do?

i forgot about the bushings, that probably would be a good idea. thanks!

if i go the c8/helium route, which offset is better? 38 or 41, correct?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
The B13 10-Step Plan:

1. Find a set of the Hyperco Gen II springs made for B13s (they're out there, just have to be patient), add on some AGX struts. Perfect.
2. Header of your choice (Pacesetter, HotShot, $tillen, etc.) to a 2.25" exhaust with a large resonator and muffler (quiet).
3. 15" wheels with 195/50/15 grippy tires.
4. New organic clutch replacement
5. Paint, bodywork as needed.
6. ES shifter bushing
7. Small subwoofer and upgraded front speakers
8. Some form of induction, whether a JWT pop charger or a cold-air setup
9. Down the road, find a set of NX2000 brakes and upgrade to those
10. Grin from ear to ear. It will be the zingy-est car you've ever had, and dead-nuts reliable as long as you keep the oil dipstick on the 'full' mark always.

·
sellout
1,000 Posts
I kinda like what I have now. I have gone back and repaired stupid decisions and purchases. I will wish I did'nt go turbo when my tranny breaks I bet.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
Were I to do it all over again, I'd keep the SE-R bone stock and use the excess money for a Miata. That rear-wheel drive is lip-smacking good. If it weren't for the fact I don't fit in a Miata, I would own one. Maybe a Jackson Racing supercharger...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts