SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i have been having probs figuring out my stumbling issue.. Its major stumbling once i hit about 3500 rpms. We found a cracked weld on the turbo oultet flange, repaired that and behaves the same. We swapped every igntion part tps,dist,coil, new plugs ,power transistor and i have nissan wires. We also bypassed msd and used stock coil. one thing is that i have been getting code 21 (primary igntion signal) but couldnt seem to clear it. The code only comes up in diagnostic mode. Also msd blaster SS failed on me also out of the blue oneday , so we replaced it with stock coil and all was well. Then when i got my clutch replaced it never ran the same. All the maf wiring is correct ground and so forth. The ignition wiring was redone and soldered.
One thing that my bro-inlaw notcied when using his meter is that the igntion is putting out 3.8 kilovolts, he said it should be about 16 kilvolts ideally. He used some digital meter with an antenna which can give rpms also just by pointing it at the spark plug wires. Could a coolant temp sensor cause this? or you guys think its a ground wire that got yanked during clutch somewhere in the harness so the wires or igntion is getting too much resistance?
Any help please!

Thanks Lawrence

·
Registered
695 Posts
i had something familiar with my car after i did my clutch i cut the ground wire that was going to the MAF and it ran on 3 cylinders from idle and wouldnt rev past 3k rpm, so i dunno but i dont think its a ground wire but just in case check it out, plus if u didnt have a ground conected to the MAF when u start your car up it would die right away at least thats what i always experienced

·
Registered
695 Posts
could be injectors too, happened to me when car sat for 3 months when it was time to start it up one injector was dead i swaped it out and ran fine again, check the voltage on em

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reponse. I will check the voltage. One thing i do know is that my injector pulse width ranges from 1.9-2.1 from what my techtom says. Also on my cobra afm the voltage on the techtom mdm is in the double digits .16 around ther at idle . It has been this way since i have had the 4 bar and has run fine ...until now :>( Willing to listen to anything at this point. I will even jump off a bridge if i know that will work :>p

Thanks Lawrence
92 se-r turbo
(pissed off at me)
90 Talon TSI
(acting like a dsm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts