SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the ignition switch has gone bad and the car won't start. only from the starter. if I get a new one will I still use the same key? or can I use a small doorbell type switch hidden under the steering column some where like a cut off switch? that's 2 se-r's that the ignition switch has gone bad. Any one else experience this before ? Fill me in please.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

G

·
On my 91 CRX my ignition started smoking one day. I was like WTF!?
Smoke was coming out my steering column like a Cheech & Chong flick. I took it to a shop and they just swapped out the ignition part but not the key part. Does that make sense?
I still use the same key.

------------------
-3x CRX owner
-SE-R mods: "Home Depot" intake
-

·
Registered
415 Posts
LMAO!!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
Smoke was coming out my steering column like a Cheech & Chong flick.</font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake System
STILLEN Performance Exhaust System
15x7 Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
195/50 ZR 15 Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just finished. put an automotive push switch like the ignited one and a friend wired it to the starter wire in steering column area. I hid the switch so only I know where it's at.(cut off switch and I still need the keys also to start it) similar to the ignited switch for about 5 bucks without the light. auto zone sells the lighted ones also. pretty cool cut off sw. and saved cost of repairing old one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts