SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my car, won't start due to no spark.

I'm thinking it's the ignitor chip, but i've found some conflicting info when searching. Check out this thread:

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=24563&highlight=continuity+infinity

Post #7 by grailer says that the FSM test for the ignitor chip is wrong, but i've read other posts that simply quote the FSM to test it. Which one is correct? Can anyone confirm?

Finally, here is a pic of the ignitor, can someone confirm i'm reading the pins right, just to make sure i'm not doing something completely wrong from the outset:

Some further info for you just in case:

Car is a '93 NX-R (basically an NX2000)
i've checked fuses
i've checked cel codes (returns 55, normal operation)
i've checked spark at the plugs, no spark at all and the plugs look brand new
i've checked spark from the coil to the dizzy (using a timing light), returns nothing. Does this completely eliminate the dizzy from the equation?

Thanks for your help. I think i've searched for a good 4 hours on this thing and tried everything I can.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!

I went to the $tealership to buy an ignitor chip, turns out that Nissan Australia does not have one in stock, and have never sold one (there is no sales history on this part in the entire country). Do these things fail very often?

I've also eliminated the coil from the equation by swapping it out. Other than the ignitor chip and ECU, is there anything else that could be causing my no spark issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well the power transistor there will give different resistance readings depending upon the range selected on the meter. Also different makes of meter will give different readings on transistors.

If the distributor cap or rotor arm are faulty you could have a problem.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.