SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I didn't win.

Had a good time though and test drove my future car, the Mazda 3 5-door, a few times.

I WAS the winnar for an hour or so though. On Saturday at about 5pm I went out and set the fastest time for 600 points. The announcer went crazy, my friends were cheering and I got interviewed..

If only all autocrosses were like that, I'd probably be a lot better haha.

Anyway, as I was leaving the temperatures were falling rapidly and as cool as it was to see my name at the top I had a feeling it wouldn't stick. Sure enough, at the very end of the day in near darkness a guy from Washington beat me.

Then on Sunday someone beat HIM. The final winner had about 660 points I think, and the guy from Washington had 620 or so. So I should be in the top 5, but they haven't posted the results yet.

It was fun day and definitely worth the $40 IMO.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am going to the san diego rev it up next weekend. Having never autocrossed before I do not expect to win, but I plan on having a good time.

·
SE-R Protection League
1,242 Posts
I forgot to catch my total score but I only got 32.8sec laptime.

I enjoyed "test-driving" the Madzaspeed MX-5 a lot more than 3 and 6 used in any of those competition-events.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good job Paul. Saw your name close to the top of the leaderboard. For 40$ it was worth it completely. I had a blast even though I bombed completely on the timed laps (Note to self: breakfast BEFORE driving events). I settled for my first run of 31.1. The second was 1.5 sec faster but the MRIU guys get testy if you run over one of the orange thingies, go figure(wheres my "loser" smiley?). Fun day though.

Gavin

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
i signed up for the one in boston!! may 22nd - 23rd, I have never autocrossed before, but i will try my best!!! do the cars have automatics or manual trannies? i heard they were auto....

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're automatic but they have a manual shift mode. Most people would put it in that mode, shift to second just before the slalom then leave it there.

The people who tried to run the course in first hit the rev limiter way too much.

·
SE-R Protection League
1,242 Posts
NuttyNate said:
i signed up for the one in boston!! may 22nd - 23rd, I have never autocrossed before, but i will try my best!!! do the cars have automatics or manual trannies? i heard they were auto....
For the competition, they use a Mazda 3 sedan, for the 3 "clinic" things, they use Mazda 3, Mazda 3 wagon and Mazda 6. They are all automatic, but the cars are modified with Bosal exhaust, Eibach springs and Azenis tires. Fun.

·
Registered
504 Posts
JCCT said:
For the competition, they use a Mazda 3 sedan, for the 3 "clinic" things, they use Mazda 3, Mazda 3 wagon and Mazda 6. They are all automatic, but the cars are modified with Bosal exhaust, Eibach springs and Azenis tires. Fun.
ALL the cars have the Eibach springs?!? If so, that's a nice improvement over last year where only the competition cars had the aftermarket springs...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts