SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I spent exactly 2 hours working through various solutions to this problem. Quite honestly, I have no F'ing clue why the car is running again!!
I went into the garage and reinstalled the valve cover. I removed the spark plugs, pulled the coil wire and re-did the compression test. It read 160 even across the board. For the heck of it, I disconnected the battery terminal and let it sit for 5 minutes. I simply re-installed everything in the reverse order and attempted to start the car. First, it hunted around which really tripped me out. Then it IDLED fine!! WTF!!!
I started screaming "Hell yeah" and other expletives I can't type here. I was so-o-o-o
f'ing happy. I couldn't believe it, so I figured I better take it out for a quick spin. Sure enough, I got into boost and was planted into my seat. THEN I SMILED like the Chesire Cat.

I cannot claim that I fixed the problem, but I also cannot explain what caused this or if it will rear its ugly head again. Well, in the meanwhile, it's back to the dyno BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It's alive!"

------------------
321.2 HP @ 6500 RPM
285.1 ft/lb @ 5300 RPM
3 bar Program w/50lb injectors...TO4E/T3 Stage II
12.81 @ 116.8 mph

·
Registered
858 Posts
good sh*t bro! no extra cheddar involved. it's play time. thank god.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kick ass Rob! glad to hear your motor's been revived..So does this mean youll be running sunday or no? ill be down there from like 10 to 4 hopefully ill see you there...
Brendan

------------------
Sweep the leg Johnny!!

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really want to go, but I feel leary about taking it to a drag race right now. It's kind of like driving your car the first time you install your turbo. You are too petrified to step on it, but at the same time ...you can't resist.
This can't be happening. I mean the car ran like it was on its last breath. Last night, it ran perfectly. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but at the same time "Never miss a ginuine opportunity".
Does anyone have any clue why the demons exorcised themselves?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hey Rob you think it might be the ecu? cause i have the same problem you had but on a consistent basis...Black smoke was all over my bumper, no boost unless i play with the throttle,clouds of it would appear when i accelerate, if i were to wash my car id have to spend 20min washing the rear cause its full of soot. Changing the ecu to with the same turbo program solved the problem , i ask this cause disconnecting your battery maybe allowed your ecu to reset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts