SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a message way back when I first got the car. I have made a lot of mods since (16x7 Primax wheels, 205/40/16 Euro TA's, MSD-SCI ignition, Accel Thundersport wires, red valve cover, Shielded open air filter, Eibach springs, KYB struts, Isotta shift knob and shortened shifter,50x4 cd player with 4x6 in the door and 6 1/2's and 6x9's in the back, Flowmaster 40 series muffler with 3ARacing chrome tip, air horns replaced stock horn, Akimoto vacuum hoses). I still love this car and look forward to a header, cams and a new ECU next spring. Has anyone done the header, cams and ECU and if so what kind of power gains did you see.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Headers are one of the best bang for the buck upgrades. So are underdrive pullies. If you're gonna do cams and ECU, either do them both at the same time, or get the cams first, then the ECU. Cams will get you more HP than the ECU. And if you get cams first or at the same time as the ECU, the ECU can be tuned for the cams.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I will probably try to install the cams myself it looks pretty straight forward. Anyone have experience with it and what I should know in advance. Also, subculture, does that 300ZX scoop really work? I was thinking of adding an Erebuni hood scoop next spring also.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yeah, the hoodscoop works, though not as good as a CAI. But cool air in the engine compartment can't hurt. If you do decide to do a hoodscoop, remove the weather stripping from the top of the engine compartment. The one that's closet to the windsheild. Most people don't realise it, but if you're gonna try to shove more air into a small area, you have to give it somewhere to go. Also, check your hood latch and hinges. Even with the small 300ZX hood scoop that I was using, the force of the air going into the scoop was enough to slightly lift the rear of the hood at high (85+mph) speeds.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. Have you had any experience with the CAI. How much difference does it make?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm currently using the P.R. CAI. I like it a lot. It really helps overall. But you really feel it at WOT. I highly recommend one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.