SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C'mon, no posts in 20 days?!

Looks like 200sx cars really benefit from cat-back. Jay on the list was saying that the piping necks down to 1.5 inches at one point - that's a hell of a restriction!

G

·
Interesting, didnt realize that. So, is it really worth the extra bucks to just throw the cat back on there? I was just gonna do the muffler, but maybe I will reconsider. What setups work for people?? Suggestions? (I have read through the archives and the FAQ, but there just seems to be lots of conflicting info) Thanks all.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if you have any post-1995 non-Infiniti SR20DE vehicle, it's a good idea to go cat-back for sure.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
If your having pitty why not post in the classic forum. It seems that Im the only active classic owner here. And your a nx2k guy the classic is closer to your car than these slow b14's ... just kidding. But do I want a NX2K need to save up some money and find me one.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I've heard the Courtesy exhaust is the best for performance and quality.

And dyno charts of B14's w/stock vs. any catbacks?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, they do bennifit from them b/c our exhaust curves more than a b13. I do believe that our exhaust will make more top end power b/c it is larger than any other exhaust out there (2.5") but not any more bottom end, I think it will compliment a good header and a set of cams more than anything.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
oh ya, call it pity. Ben why not rename the forum to the sr20de forum except for the 200 sx :)

G

·
Well, I suppose the exhaust will go on the back burner for a while. Next I still have to find a nice CAI and a new suspension kit. So you like the setup Ben? How much did they run you total, bout $650?? I think I will stay away from the Tokicos cause they seem to wear out real fast. I may ramble, but I guess the 200s have to be represented by a moron like me at the very least. If anyone cares, Robocar.com has a special on Rasing Sports headers for $149. Dirt cheap, they probably arent the greatest. I was just suprised that our cars were even listed among the numerous integras and civics.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, I'm posting again. What can I say, I'm bored! Speaking of exhaust, when I was in the Stillen showroom in L.A. a few years ago, he had a 200sx se-r in there with a full roll cage, and this car had a dual-exhaust setup! I wonder how they routed the pipes, the power, and how noisy it was? It looked good. Later.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's what I was kind of thinking....ricey! It looked good, but you better be sporting a sr20det or something to back it up. Of course the Pontiac Sunfire GT has a similiar set-up. On that car the pipes split in two from the cat, on left is the resonator and goes out to the back with a tip, and on the right is the muffler goes out to the back with a tip. You would think it would sound funny and WOT. Later.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
actually I think that they had a dual muffler setup with that, probably y's off where it bends to go to the right side of the car. sounds ricey, but I have actually thought about doing it.....until I hear a 4 banger w/ dual exhaust, yuck :) but it might be like the rk exhaust for the cavalier (if you have seen it, you know what I am taling about) but the roll cage, mmmmmmmmmm (what do you think about a yellow one in the NOS monster? actually not monster, more like putter:)

G

·
Yeah, I have seen those dual exhausts on neons a lot lately. They sound funny, like a baseball card in the spokes or something. Duals would be for cosmetic only as far as I know. Espicially in the case of turbo cars, a single exhaust keeps the backpressure lower than duals. But, I have to admit the "fake" duals on my mr2 give it a mean look. BTW, I went to importpartsplus.com, and they had the KYB AGXs for $450 shipped. Is the best place to get them still P-s-t.com?? I know that thread has been beaten like a redheaded stepchild, but I was just curious....

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Still $389 shipped from p-s-t as far as I know

Ben, red-headed, but not a shepchild :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts