SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to buy an sr20det motor this week and I dont know who to order from. I have been emailing around asking companies what they have to offer, and so far I like what Import Intelligence has for now.

They are offering the motor/trans/ecu/everything else needed to swap it into my 95 200SX SER - 2400 plus 140 shipping with a 30 day warranty.

Im just wondering if anybody else has ordered a motor from them?

Or if anybody knows another company worth ordering from. I DO want the transmission with it because I want an extra one in case anything happens.

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, flat K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, sound system
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is out of a Bluebird FWD and I was told i could use that transmission with the motor in my car...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry, it ain't gonna happen, its not the problem with the clutch either, I believe it physically will not fit well. If you are worried, buy a used SR20 tranny, get the gears and and shotpeen and cryo treat them.

Lyn

G

·
They are offering the motor/trans/ecu/everything else needed to swap it into my 95 200SX SER - 2400 plus 140 shipping with a 30 day warranty.

***That seems a bit high, considering the tranny from a Bluebird turbo is NOT a FWD tranny. It is an AWD auto tranny and you will find it to be useless to you. Also, the Bluebird ECU will only be of any use to you if it also comes with the Bluebird MAF sensor. The SE-R MAF looks the same as the BB MAF, but the sensor itself is different on the BB. Also, hope that the motor come with the rubber/plastic intake tube intact, uncut before the MAF. Otherwise, you will have to fabricate a turbo the MAF intake pipe. I would think that closer $2000-2100 would be a better price. Call this place and see if the motor comes with the items I mentioned above. If they do, then the price is not that bad. If not, then try to pay less if you can get a better price.

If that does not work out, call Andreas Miko in Miami at 305-282-3643. He is very well known and a very fair guy to deal with. Tell him that Jay Whitely recommended him to you! Last I spoke to him, he a complete, very clean, Bluebird motor in his shop for around $2200.

I DO want the transmission with it because I want an extra one in case anything happens.

****You will have to use your SE-R tranny.

Good luck,

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
There is a guy from the NY area that was at the convention that has a DET with his stock DE MAF running the Bluebird ECU without problems for several months at least. I dunno if I would do it, but DET ECUs are cheap, cheaper than JWT ones by far. He has been doing it with stock boost, I don't see why it wouldn't work with any other car.

One comment though- I *THINK* it would have to be an OBDI car originally though for it to work...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay thanks for the great replies guys.

So the concensus is, use my stock Transmission, and the ECU from the bluebird is only good if the motor has the MAF with it..

How about this, sleepermotorsports said they would send me a motor for 1700 plus 300 shipping. Then I order a JWT ecu for 600 and use my stock tranny. That puts me around 2600 dollars for the job -- i am NOT going crazy with this, i am going to run real conservative boost. I just want 13's out of this setup thats fast enough for me.
What else would I need in addition to the above mentioned items?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't forget about a clutch. I don't think the stock SE-R clutch will hold the power of a stock DET. I could be wrong though.

Mel

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have the JWT clutch so im good in that respect

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, flat K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, sound system
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts