SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a dry set up (nos) 50 shots....and i heard that i have to have a really good fuel system set up......

....i hooked up an air/fuel guage on my car and it runs really rich everytime i floor the gas.....this is with out the nos....didn't wanna try it yet coz of this concerns about actually blowing some o-rings in the pistons when i shoot nos....

.... do you guys think the O2 sensor is mess up? i dont have any problem with anything except sometimes the car bogs..crazy and when i look at the air/fuel guage its says not enough gas to lean..just one bar from the cyberdyne air/fuel gauge

....what should i get to control flow of my gas? should i get new pump, fuel filters?...help,...!!!!

...need info.....

thanks...........peace out

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think running rich is better than running lean. I have a 100shot on mine but i have 370cc injectors , walbro fuel pump, new fuel filter. That's how it is on my fuel setup. It runs very well. I would suggest to change your filter and your pump. It is well worth it. At least you are running safe, no chance of running lean. I would definitely check my injectors also. HOW MANY MILES DOES YOUR CAR HAVE?

Bryan.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I ran a 70 on mine for a while and it ran like a m/f turned it down because I could not get traction through 2nd gear and start to loose it in 3rd gear.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
What kind of A/F gauge you using? If it's not a wideband (Autometer are NOT wideband), then it's pretty useless. It will always read rich at WOT and bounce back and forth b/w lean and rich when you cruise - basically indicating closed loop.

If you have really bad gas mileage, like around 18-19mpg, then your O2 sensor is shot.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Ok while we're on the topic of Nitrous. I've heard that our stock fuel system can sustain about 220hp. Now is that at the crank? Reason being is I have 150hp to the wheels, now if I were to do the math and it be top hp at the wheels I could safely run a 70 shot on stock fuel system. This true?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
if tuned correctly, yes it will run fine, to be safe, run a 50-60 shot, unless you have access to a good dyno with a wideband o2 and an egt meter, and some time to tune it correctly, with good bottle pressure the whole way through. I was running my 70 shot when it was colder outside and heated the bottle before I went out, with a little detonation I could feel and read in the plugs. went down a little on the plug gap, kept the fuel the same, jetted down the nitrous to a .34 pill and it ran about the same as it did with the .36, and was running perfectly checking the plugs after every bottle. nitrous is fun to use, you just have to watch out what you are doing or you will be doing a motor swap soon, but your engine can take some bad detonation, mine did while trying to tune it and I am surprised at how much it took, but I am probably lucky too.

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
I have heard if I exeed the 200hp the trany housing my crack up or if y put some slicks on to my car....is that true?
if so what can i do to prevent it and reenforce my trany.

and for those running with a 70 to 100hp shot and 370cc injectors and other fuel pump i.e walbro or some 300zx pump do you guys have the factory ecu? or need to buy the JWT ECU?

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
For the tranny the first thing you want to do is get motor mounts(enegry susp., JWT or APEX). THis should help. My friend is putting down 323hp to the wheels with just motor mounts and hasnt had a tranny prob yet. "KNOCK ON WOOD" But if you hell bent on reenforcing the tranny talk to sr20development they can weld up the weak spots on the tranny. And for the fuel system, if you up grade the injectors you will need to get a reprogram, for that size injectors.

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
Cool thanks =)

One of my many questions haha is why do many of you guys buy the JWT ECU to put NOS on your cars? is it cus your running DRY SYSTEMS? and need to feed more gas....cus In my personal opinion dry systems suck

I can shoot 100hp of NOS to my car or what ever it all depends to where my pistons and rods hold but for stock ones 100hp is about all Id go...With a Wet System and i dont need no ECU upgrade for that just retard the timing and a gas regulator (i.e mallory) to put some extra fuel pressure and im ready to go.

and I think thats it.
correct me if Im wrong anyone since probably its not like that but oh well I learn new stuff everyday.

Im going to get a JWT ECU thou for the redline and speedlimit and cams n some more fuel and air but I DONT see the need for a NOS setup onless your on dry systems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.