SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of my fellow Canucks imported a Stillen or JWT intake? Do you have to pay duty? How big is the box? My sister's coming up from the States in a month for my wedding, and an intake might make a nice present.

·
Registered
77 Posts
LOL... the trick is to go down and visit her, and do the install down there

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan... now burning a Honduh near you :D

'91 NX2000, HKS intake and 2.25" exhaust

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikAnchovy:
LOL... the trick is to go down and visit her, and do the install down there

</font>
Thats what i was thinking. But just so you know, it should be that much extra. The box isnt huge.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the only problem is that she's in Colorado, and I won't be driving there any time soon. I'm hoping that she can bring one up without having to pay duty.

When you say the box isn't huge, could it fit in a suitcase?

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
When I ordered my pop charger it was $80 American I think, and after border taxes and shipping it cost me a hell of a lot more...
I think 200+ after every thing. So if you have a friend in the states send it to there place and have them pay and the send it as a present back to Canada save a lot of $$$

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99SR20DE-Ltd:
Yeah, the only problem is that she's in Colorado, and I won't be driving there any time soon. I'm hoping that she can bring one up without having to pay duty.

When you say the box isn't huge, could it fit in a suitcase?

</font>
Naa...you cant fit *the box* in a suitcase, amybe a duffle bag though, hehe. But, if you put one piece in one bag, one piece in this bag, another piece in that bag. You know what i mean. Its only the 2 pipes, small maf adapter, 8 clamps, a filter, and 4 rubber cuplers.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For anyone who might be interested...
I just called Canada Customs, and we don't have to pay duty on automobile parts if they're made in the USA, but we need to pay any applicable PST & GST.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts