SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have that much trouble with head room with my helmet on. I usually open the sun roof shade, but not always the sunroof itself. I sit almost upright, as you have to with a Schroth harness. I'm 6'2" also.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Wow, that some damn good information, and fast too.
Looks like I need to call some junkyards next week.

I'll be able to compare the Sentra SE, NX 2000, Sentra SE-R seats on Sunday. Now if only Eric would show up with the 200SX SE-R we would have it all covered.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
I don't have that much trouble with head room with my helmet on. I usually open the sun roof shade, but not always the sunroof itself. I sit almost upright, as you have to with a Schroth harness. I'm 6'2" also.</font>
It's the rim (for lack of a better word) of the sunroof opening that I have trouble with. And considering that I'm shorter in height, I would have the seat positioned closer to the wheel, and usually I sit with that "NASCAR driving position" which is really upright. But that has changed since I threw in the B13 SE-R seat, and the extra comfort is an added plus!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
Wow, that some damn good information, and fast too.
Looks like I need to call some junkyards next week.
</font>
You can tell how bored I was that weekend.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I'll be able to compare the Sentra SE, NX 2000, Sentra SE-R seats on Sunday. Now if only Eric would show up with the 200SX SE-R we would have it all covered.
</font>
Naw boss! Them Sentra SE seats are the same with 200SX seats!

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000 (stock, wishing it didn't have t-tops)
1998 200SX SE-R (not stock, wishing it had VLSD)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the rim (for lack of a better word) of the sunroof opening that I have trouble with. And considering that I'm shorter in height, I would have the seat positioned closer to the wheel, and usually I sit with that "NASCAR driving position" which is really upright.

I sit granny style(up against the wheel). I have a problem with the sunroof rim too, but its not that bad.

Naw boss! Them Sentra SE seats are the same with 200SX seats!

See, I'm not really needed.

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
grr lucky bastards! jk lol

whoever bought my 200sx se-r didnt want to pay for the optional sunroof.. i hate it

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaGenesis:
grr lucky bastards! jk lol

whoever bought my 200sx se-r didnt want to pay for the optional sunroof.. i hate it
</font>
I'll sell you one of my sunroofs. The '91 is getting the sunroof removed as we speak.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I want to sit lower in my car. I think the seats are too high, maybe to give the rear passengers more room for their feet. I have to open the sunroof cover and tilt my head when wearing a helmet.

http://www.sentra.net/solm/june01/nxseats.shtml

They mention that the NX seats sit lower, and having sat in a couple NX's I remember that also. Has anyone put NX2000 seats and/or brackets in a B14?

Are the NX1600 and NX2000 seats the same? I would think that the seat brackets would be the same.

Ben D would you like ot try this on Sunday if we have any spare time?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Clutch job on your car, Quaife install and putting the NX tranny back together, possibly a clutch job on the NX and my car, possibly drilling and tapping the NX's block for turbo, and now seeing how the seats swap? I'm glad we are going to have a LOT of people there
We'll give it a shot

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
I want to sit lower in my car. I think the seats are too high, maybe to give the rear passengers more room for their feet. I have to open the sunroof cover and tilt my head when wearing a helmet.

http://www.sentra.net/solm/june01/nxseats.shtml

They mention that the NX seats sit lower, and having sat in a couple NX's I remember that also. Has anyone put NX2000 seats and/or brackets in a B14?

Are the NX1600 and NX2000 seats the same? I would think that the seat brackets would be the same.

Ben D would you like ot try this on Sunday if we have any spare time?
</font>
The NX seats should fit no problem. I got bored one day and decided to swap 3 seats between 2 cars: Stock 200SX SE-R seat, stock Sentra SE-R seat, stock NX seat all in both my 200SX SE-R and NX2000. The NX seat by far sits the lowest of the bunch, but also is the shittiest when it comes to support, IMHO. The Sentra SE-R seat sits about 1.5" lower than the 200SX SE-R seat (in the 200SX; about 1" higher in the NX.) The Sentra SE-R seat is the best in the bunch in terms of support; again, IMHO. If you can find a B13 SE-R seat, go for it! FYI, I wasn't able to fit inside the 200SX with a helmet on (kept hitting the sunroof cover)... but now with the B13 SE-R seat, my helmet doesn't touch the roof at all (I'm 5'9", by the way.)

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts