SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang--

Okay, I just finished prepping some in-car video from the Talladega Grand Prix track event at this year's SERCA Convention. It is of 2 laps of the track, and is about 3 minutes in length.

The video begins at the head of the front straight, and ends there after 2 laps. Includes one pass, one waved-off pass (wrong place), and no general mayhem involving rental Grand Ams.

QuickTime .mov format (you can DL QT at www.apple.com for FREE if you need it) and is 7mb in size.

No comments on my driving (in)ability, please. Thank you, thank you. ;)

Clicky here: http://www.turbochargedse-r.com/serca03.mov

·
merely a flesh wound
15,285 Posts
Ah, memories. I want to go back.

C

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Cool video! Looks like a nice little course. It actually looks perfect for the convention. It's not too, too challenging for novices, nothing serious to hit if you go off course, no huge elevation changes, but still fun :)

One criticism I have after watching the video...

damn, you have to get rid of that stock steering wheel! I went with a 350 mm Momo Monte Carlo, and I really prefer that now :)

James

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Who's/what was the B14 you passed?

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Thank you, Greg. I wish I had gone ahead and signed up for the track day... at least I should have begged for a ride, at any rate.

And, thank you again, Greg. Now, there is no firpin way I'm not taking my car to the next convention. Be it still stock or upgraded. If I haven't made a choice on a combo car hauler/wifes daily driver, then she can drive the Great Turtle and I'll follow behind in my car.
Uh uh, no sir, no way am I going to pass up an opportunity like that again.

Later,
Mark

·
I <3 MILFS
859 Posts
how much boost were you running? also which blow off valve are you using

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
No comments on my driving (in)ability, please. Thank you, thank you. ;)
Poor hand positioning. :D j/k.

Awesome video. Next convention on this side of the country I'm going to try and get me and my roomate to join the community. Last time we went to an SE-R type hangout, we got a ride in Ben Moses's turbo Classic, and my roomate bought an Avenir motor soon after. I'm afraid of what would come out of a convention...

Dammit, now I wish it was summer again so I can go out on the track...

·
det dummy
98 Posts
awesome vid...im the guy in front of you in the b14...im amazed at how well i kept up with most of you guys...i only have a ga16de and i passed quite a few people that day exept you greg haha you were just a bit to fast lol maybe next time if i have some more power i can be some competition...but all in all my lines werent to bad considering that was my first time on a road coarse =)

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
soiledxdesire said:
im the guy in front of you in the b14...im amazed at how well i kept up with most of you guys...i only have a ga16de
You did an awesome job. My eyes opened wide when I first heard the automatic kick down! I just stayed back behind you until it was clear to pass. You can have a ton of fun just sitting back and watching others drive the course in front of you.

Dwike said:
Please tell me about your brake upgrade. Any warping?
My brake upgrade is merely a set of NX2000 brakes, Brembo OE replacement rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads, and Valvoline synthetic fluid. Nothing tricky to it. I did not warp the rotors (at least I couldn't feel it). I did cook them pretty well, over all.

The brakes would get mushy every few laps, and by simply slowing down and taking a cool-off lap, they came right back. At no point did they completely fade.

·
det dummy
98 Posts
hey thanks for the compliments...yeah my brakes didnt fade to bad but when we got back to the hotel they still felt squishy so i just bled the lines and everything was back to normal...i just have stillen xdrilled rotors and matrix pads

1 - 20 of 26 Posts